Pre-order cross upgrade
Just want to confirm.
I currently have an iPhone 5, that is not eligible for an upgrade. I have another line/iPhone on my account that is eligible.
I believe I can just pre-order the 6 using the phone number of the eligible phone, and then when the 6 is delivered I can move my existing SIM card from my iPhone 5 to the new 6 and activate.
Is this correct? I don't believe I need to call my carrier (AT&T). And I don't believe anything will happen to the phone number I used to upgrade, other than it will be subjected to a new 2 years.
Can I get a thumbs up from someone that has done this? Thanks guys.
- 09-11-2014, 03:59 PM #2
- 09-11-2014, 07:41 PM #3
Re: Pre-order cross upgrade
Can anyone confirm for me? Do I have to activate the new iPhone with the included sim before putting my sim in?
Reason I ask... the line I used to upgrade is an iPhone 4 (with a micro sim - not a nano) so I'm hoping I can just put my nano sim in the new phone and activate.. without affecting the iPhone 4 sim/number at all.
Any info is appreciated.
- 09-15-2014, 10:25 PM #6
- 09-15-2014, 10:49 PM #7
- By kd7irm in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 13Last Post: 09-14-2014, 09:59 AM
- By mjsavage in forum iPhone 6Replies: 10Last Post: 09-12-2014, 12:00 PM
- By Charles Wang in forum Apple PayReplies: 1Last Post: 09-11-2014, 05:14 PM
- By Hiri89 in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 2Last Post: 09-11-2014, 04:19 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-11-2014, 12:30 PM