Pre order ship vs. in store pick up?

kd7irm

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Just chatted with an apple rep and she told me that if you pre order and select in store pick up, tonight after midnight, the online apple store will show stock at local apple stores and those phones ordered on the pre order will be set aside for you to pick up on launch day. Is this info good? What is everyones experience with preorder being shipped vs. in store pick up? whats the best option?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It worked that way with the 5, 5C & 5S releases... which way to go is better is subjective... if you want to get the vibe of the store experience, you can... or, if you like the comfort of 'point, click, ship' and wait for the box, you can do that...

Papaguan

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
How does pre order ship work for those using an upgrade? Is the process as easy as calling AT&T/doing something online to activate the SIM card that comes with the phone? I'm a bit confused...any help would be appreciated!

iMark

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
So if you select "In Store Pick Up" on the app, it'll know what stock is available on release day in a week?

kd7irm

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Thats what i was told, seems legit i guess....
so i guess the apple stores will have stock by the 12th or at least a number on how much stock is going to be at that store by the 19th.
So if you select "In Store Pick Up" on the app, it'll know what stock is available on release day in a week?

alex.shimp

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
According to apple's retail store website Apple Retail Store - iPhone you can pick either to have it shipped or for in store pickup. I don't think when you pre-order tonight it will be based on any specific qty at any specific store. More likely you in store pick up order will allocated out of the total avlaible pre-order qty available and shipped to the store that you pick.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes that is correct. They set aside inventory for pickups. Everyone else waiting in line are those who missed preorders and have to buy from the rest of the inventory. Ever since Apple started doing preorders that's the way I've always went. Just order it and have it delivered to your doorstep. Just much better for me than dealing with people.

alex.shimp

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
I would do it that way but i'll be in new york for work....so I think I am going to pre-order for in store pick up....worked fine for me when I got my iPhone4

essay2u

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
first time ever i chose in-store pickup. I'm glad I did now because it's not even an option anymore. I almost bought through at&t when the store was down that night, but I just couldn't deal with the phone shipping on Friday and then waiting and watching it eventually get to my house sometime the following week - if I was lucky. I'm nervous though. It seems Apple will have 2 lines, but who knows how that works? Will the lines be crazy? Do I have to be at the Apple Store at 7 am? I can't take the anticipation...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner