Will the iPhone 6 Plus replace the need for an iPad Air / iPad Mini?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a "need" for an iPad now so "no" to the thread question, in my regard...:)

falconeight

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I use my iPad mini for playing games, video, and light surfing. The plus will replace it for me. I use my mac retina more than anything else anyway.

terreos

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I used to use a galaxy note 2. Loved the screen size and honestly miss it. Plus, I've been thinking of getting an Ipad mini to go with my Iphone 5s. That being said besides the larger screen plus the option for 128 gb I'm strongly considering getting the Iphone 6 plus first. Chances are I'll still get an ipad down the road. After using the 6 plus for awhile I'll have to determine if I want a mini or air. But from my experiences of using tablets vs phablets. . .For me a phablet is still alot smaller than a tablet. And web browsing and watching movies on a tablet is still alot better.

Long story short I don't think an Iphone 6 plus will replace the "WANT" for a tablet for me.

btru82

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I recently sold my air bc I found myself just turning to my iphone 5 bc that is what was on my person the most. I feel with the 6+, while obv much smaller than the air, it is the best combo for me for what I use it for, in 1 device, that will be on me 100% of the time.

essay2u

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm a bit tired of carrying around my mini, MBA, phone and a kindle. Too too much. I'm hoping the 6+ will replace the mini/phone. Add to that having some apps on ipad and others on the phone, it just all gets to be too much to manage. I maxed the memory on the 6+ for this reason. All the video, music, and apps I can ever want. And still enough room to take more pictures...

I am sold on the phablet idea for now because more often than not I don't bring out the ipad unless I'm reading a ton or watching a movie - very very rarely. I'd rather squint at the little phone screen than put one down and pick up another. Then do the reverse. Only to continue going back and forth? again and again? At this point I mostly read on the kindle and use my phone for everything I don't need a laptop for. And the air is so light I don't mind carrying it when it's needed - which is mostly for work. The added battery on the 6+ will be very welcome. We'll see how this new system goes:)

btru82

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I sold my iPad Air on the assumption that getting the plus would have greatly reduced my need for the air. I have not run into any instances where I miss the air or think there's anything I can't do on the plus that I could have on the air. My wife has a mini and I used to use it from time to time before I got the air, but I haven't even picked that up since I picked up my plus. I know I'm probably not a typical iPad user but my phone is barely out of my hand throughout the day so I consider myself a heavy user. Also, the battery life is amazing, especially when on wifi. I usually get 16-20 hrs from a full charge.

F0REVERY0UNG-

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
My 6 Plus has already replaced my iPad Mini Retina, I gave it to my little brother.
I don't think it's gonna be any competition for my Air though.

I honestly think it's up to you, my older brother has found use for his Air, Mini and 6 Plus, so this is different for everyone.

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Ever since I got my iPhone 6 Plus on Tuesday, I have found myself not having to pull out my iPad 4 as often as it used to be. Right now, my iPad 4 is pretty much for movie viewing only where size does matter. Other than that, I can use my 6+ for everything that I used to do with my iPad. So to answer your question, I don't think the full size iPad will go away because movie viewing is still better on the full size iPad. But I can see the iPad Mini will be obsolete and go away very soon (kind of like the 32GB storage).

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I have the iPad 4 and still use it, but not as often since I got my 6 Plus..I also have a Macbook Pro 15" and lately I've been on my phone and MacBook

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods