do you think the size will be a issue?

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So, I was actually all set to go with the 4.7 inch iphone 6 due to screen size. I was using a LG G3 Before returning it and I found the 5.5 inch screen a bit of a stretch to use comfortably. But now that we know the 5.5 inch iphone 6 plus will have a better camera, better battery life, and a better screen, I feel like I'd be dumb not to go with the 6 plus.

How do you guys feel about the screen size? Are you worried it will cause usability or pocketabity issues?

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
It no doubt has me very concerned. It will require that I completely rewire how I'm used to using my phone. I'll no longer not notice my phone in my pocket. Won't be able to set it certain places like my car cup holder or ledge at my desk at work. One handed use? Just whipping it out and typing away one handed? One handed game play? The way I hold it while reading in bed or on the couch? The weight of it? Having my phone be incognito to prying eyes as I use it?

But then there's watching videos and multimedia on that screen. Viewing my pics. Gaming. Reading web pages. Potential better battery life. OIS for the camera. 1080P.

I'm as torn as Brett Michaels' jeans.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
It no doubt has me very concerned. It will require that I completely rewire how I'm used to using my phone. I'll no longer not notice my phone in my pocket. Won't be able to set it certain places like my car cup holder or ledge at my desk at work. One handed use? Just whipping it out and typing away one handed? One handed game play? The way I hold it while reading in bed or on the couch? The weight of it? Having my phone be incognito to prying eyes as I use it?

But then there's watching videos and multimedia on that screen. Viewing my pics. Gaming. Reading web pages. Potential better battery life. OIS for the camera. 1080P.

Yeah. Since I do a lot of video watching and game playing, that large screen will be a benefit. However , I'm going to be constantly worrying my pants pockets might put stress on the phone, possibly bending it if I sit down and have it in my front pocket. Or if I'm trying to use it while not having both hands free.

And while I am not a photographer by any means, OIS is still good to have. As is the better battery life . And the higher res screen .

Really, if the 6 only had better battery as opposed to as good as 5S battery, I may feel better about getting the 6 because my 5S doesn't get acceptable battery life really.

mpshah

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as well, torn between the two. and I have to make up my mind by the time pre orders go live. #firstworldproblems

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
So, I was actually all set to go with the 4.7 inch iphone 6 due to screen size. I was using a LG G3 Before returning it and I found the 5.5 inch screen a bit of a stretch to use comfortably. But now that we know the 5.5 inch iphone 6 plus will have a better camera, better battery life, and a better screen, I feel like I'd be dumb not to go with the 6 plus.

How do you guys feel about the screen size? Are you worried it will cause usability or pocketabity issues?

I used to love the note line, so the extra size was a little on the large side for me. But with it having a better screen, camera, and battery, I think I am going to take the plunge on that one.

bigg22

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm torn as well. the extra battery life and landscape mode features of the plus are key points for me, however I am not sure about the comfortability of the larger size

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site

Man... You nailed it. Word by word what I was thinking, google maps and navigation with the 5.5 would be super cool, safari, videos, on the other hand 4.7 should be enough for the other apps and the portability has me extremely concerned... I got a feeling I'm gonna end up switching.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
It will probably be awkward for me at least initially. I was leaning towards the 4.7 variant, but the better camera/battery life swayed me. I walked around with cardboard cutouts for a couple of days, and while larger, it didn't feel too unwieldy. It will take some adjustment, but hopefully I'll adapt quickly.

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I am worried about the size but I figure I will get used to it. I have big hands anyway. I wanted the better specs and that better camera. Apparently, everyone else did as well. The Verizon rep told me at the store this evening (at 7:00 P.M.) that the iPhone 6 was still showing delivery dates of 9/19 whereas the 6 Plus had been sold out and showing long delivery times since before the store opened.

tgp

Trusted Member
Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

You raise some valid points. However, if you go to androidcentral or WPCentral and read threads about users who have a Note device or Lumia 1520, you will find that the vast majority, after getting used to the size, say they could never go back to a smaller screen. I think you and others will do the same. I've used iPhones alongside larger Android devices, and I always said that I prefer iPhone except for one thing that overrode all advantages; the small screen.

Go into it with an open mind. I think you'll find that the advantages of a large screen will outweigh the disadvantages. Android customers have been using 5"+ phones for years. They sell very well, which is why Apple joined the crowd.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
You raise some valid points. However, if you go to androidcentral or WPCentral and read threads about users who have a Note device or Lumia 1520, you will find that the vast majority, after getting used to the size, say they could never go back to a smaller screen. I think you and others will do the same. I've used iPhones alongside larger Android devices, and I always said that I prefer iPhone except for one thing that overrode all advantages; the small screen.

Go into it with an open mind. I think you'll find that the advantages of a large screen will outweigh the disadvantages. Android customers have been using 5"+ phones for years. They sell very well, which is why Apple joined the crowd.

Phones this size no doubt have a mass following and I'm not knocking it at all. Many millions will love it.

I personally value one-handed use above all else. I walk and text. Walk and browse. I admittedly pull my phone out in the car if need be. Lying on my side in bed or on the couch is one handed. I'd love that big gorgeous 5.5" screen, but not at the sacrifice of going two handed. And I don't just desire one handed use, I desire it with ease and comfortability. Ease in maneuvering. If I have to shift a phone in my hand, or stretch my thumb out to achieve this, that defeats my desire. As always, just my feelings.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
In my opinion I don't think so but we won't know until people start using it. The plus has a bigger screen thus the bigger battery.

morrisbuttermaker

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
With either phone, it's not likely your going to make it till 10-11:00 at night without having to charge...if you use your phone a significant amount say starting at 8 am. So why spend the extra $100 to get better battery life when you will likely end up charging your phone just as frequently ?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox