To case or not to case

2oh1

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm leaning toward buying an iPhone 6 Plus, and I'm wondering how tough it will be against scratches in comparison to an iPhone 4 or an iPhone 5.

Also, since the camera protrudes a little, does that mean the new iPhone won't lie flat on a hard surface, like a table or desk, without wobbling?

A case would solve these issues, but the phone is already so large that I hate to add any bulk to it if I don't have to.

What about you? Thoughts? Case? No case?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Thats a good question that only you can answer. The size alone for a large (5+") phablet, means that "I" would not want to add to much bulk with a case. On my Note3 (5.5") I use an Official Samsung View case because it doesn't add to much bulk on an already large device, but it does not provide that much protection except for mabe a scratch or two.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I was going to go with an otterbox commuter, but they fail to have my favorite color combo for the plus. I was checking out the apple silicone cases and have decided to get one. Too bad I can't order it today so it's here by next Friday.

2oh1

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm not a fan of the look of this generation so, case for me

Interesting! I didn't like the look of the iPhone 5 (but in all other regards, it's been superb) so I used it with a case. But I love the look of the iPhone 6. I'm leaning toward going without a case this time.

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I've gotten over the look. I don't love it but I don't hate it. It's whatever to me now. The rounded sides will make it more comfortable in the hand so no case for me.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

CrackBerry Kevin

Aug 30, 2007
www.crackberry.com
I think for me will depend on how slippery it feels in hand and how heavy.

I don't mind scratching it up a bit. I just am a bit of a butter fingers if it proves slippery. And of it's feeling really heavy I don't want to bull it up more. Especially true too because I want to maintain pocket ability.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I think for me will depend on how slippery it feels in hand and how heavy.

I don't mind scratching it up a bit. I just am a bit of a butter fingers if it proves slippery. And of it's feeling really heavy I don't want to bull it up more. Especially true too because I want to maintain pocket ability.

Uh oh, Kevin. Beware the pitchfork crowd! Lol

terryzx

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
Going naked with an all black custom waist pouch with a belt clip from StoryLeather. You can choose all aspects of what you want as well as add your name or a logo. This is my 3rd from them. Last 2 I used red Suede inside and red piping all around but this time I am going all black for my black 128 gig iPhone 6, can't wait!!! Doing a Verizon Edge buy too so I can get a new one every year. Kinna hate wasting cash but love playing with them.

dstrauss

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
I have never used a case with an iPhone, but have used a "skin" to protect from scratches. As for the screen, I love my Skinomi Tech Glass on my iPhone 5, so may do that as well. In AppleCare we trust...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I've historically enjoyed swapping between a case and naked...but when I get my 6+, I'm definitely picking up that blue leather or another black one. It's been the only case I've used consistently with the 5S.

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't worry about my phone getting scratched. I only worry about my phone getting wet and affect the functionality. That's why my case has to be waterproof.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
This will be my last upgrade for the next 2 years so I will be getting the blue leather case just so it last me longer and won't get scratched

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I drop my phone to often not to put a case on it. I'm not a clumsy person, but I have had some mishaps here and there. And it would have definitely done some damage if I had not had a case on it.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice