IPhone 6 Plus Cases Available

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I want an Air skin as well but I don't like any of the available colors and it's made by Spigen.

Sent from my Apple iPad Air using Tapatalk

I'm STILL waiting for the button extenders Spigen emailed about and said they were sending for the two Neo Hybrids I purchased for the 6 (when we were originally considering the 6's) which apparently didn't connect with the power and volume buttons properly. I'm planning on giving the cases to friends who have the 6 but can't until the buttons work! Grrr. :(

We bought Spigen Tough Armors for the 6's too but haven't heard any complaints about those so we'll give those to our friends in the meantime.

BlazingGold

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
TheFirm, I'm going to order one of the Ringke Fusion cases. I have the space gray iPhone and want to know if I should order the clear, the black, or the smoke black case ? Not sure which would look best on the phone ! Any opinions?

TheFirm

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
TheFirm, I'm going to order one of the Ringke Fusion cases. I have the space gray iPhone and want to know if I should order the clear, the black, or the smoke black case ? Not sure which would look best on the phone ! Any opinions?

It's a tough choice, the clear one is great, but I personally like the way a black case would look on it because a black phone with a black case always looks great.

To be safe,I'd go with the clear, but I'd purchase a black one somewhere down the line because it's cheap.

TheFirm

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm STILL waiting for the button extenders Spigen emailed about and said they were sending for the two Neo Hybrids I purchased for the 6 (when we were originally considering the 6's) which apparently didn't connect with the power and volume buttons properly. I'm planning on giving the cases to friends who have the 6 but can't until the buttons work! Grrr. :(

We bought Spigen Tough Armors for the 6's too but haven't heard any complaints about those so we'll give those to our friends in the meantime.

Their customer service is the worst, I bought the neo hybrid and cancelled a few days before it shipped, they sent it anyway and ignored my cancellation request, then i never got it but was still charged for it, so I filed a claim on it and got my refund then I magically got it the other day with a return label already on it.

I'm going to send it back to them, idk what the heck is wrong with them

BlazingGold

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
It's a tough choice, the clear one is great, but I personally like the way a black case would look on it because a black phone with a black case always looks great.

To be safe,I'd go with the clear, but I'd purchase a black one somewhere down the line because it's cheap.

Yeah I love the way the black seems to look as well. I'm torn between the clear and the regular black. I'm thinking the smoke black would just look like a dirtier clear

TheFirm

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I love the way the black seems to look as well. I'm torn between the clear and the regular black. I'm thinking the smoke black would just look like a dirtier clear

I took a look at that, I'd rather get the regular than the smoke black

Sent from my 128gb iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk via Sprint Spark

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Their customer service is the worst, I bought the neo hybrid and cancelled a few days before it shipped, they sent it anyway and ignored my cancellation request, then i never got it but was still charged for it, so I filed a claim on it and got my refund then I magically got it the other day with a return label already on it.

Yikes! 😐

SMELTN

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

I think the problem with Spigen is they are overwhelmed and weren't ready for it. There production couldn't keep up with their marketing. They were the first company showing iPhone 6 and 6+ cases. I mean people were using a spigen case on the dummy iPhone 6 model floating around way before the phone was released, and now you see every site talking about Spigen... Even Lifehacker today has an article talking about best iPhone 6/6+ cases and Spigen has 2 on the list. I just think they can't make enough and are overwhelmed is all. I have their cases on all my iPhones from the 4s, 5, 2x 5c's and a 5s and they are a great company

TheFirm

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I think the problem with Spigen is they are overwhelmed and weren't ready for it. There production couldn't keep up with their marketing. They were the first company showing iPhone 6 and 6+ cases. I mean people were using a spigen case on the dummy iPhone 6 model floating around way before the phone was released, and now you see every site talking about Spigen... Even Lifehacker today has an article talking about best iPhone 6/6+ cases and Spigen has 2 on the list. I just think they can't make enough and are overwhelmed is all. I have their cases on all my iPhones from the 4s, 5, 2x 5c's and a 5s and they are a great company

Yea I saw that article and thought it was a complete joke when you look at the amazon reviews for those products. They rushed and they are ignoring their customers.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Case junkies UNITE!

Yea I saw that article and thought it was a complete joke when you look at the amazon reviews for those products. They rushed and they are ignoring their customers.

I saw someone on Facebook bashing them, calling them frauds and I couldn't believe it. I had to reply because like you I thought it was a joke. I've been using their cases for so long, I knew it had to do something with this new release of cases.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
So I decided to check out the Ringke cases on Amazon since a lot of iMore members have recommended them and I found a slim case that has the same sleek look of the Apple leather case:

The Ringke Slim Case on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2364821

(x-posted in the "What kind of 6-6plus case will you get?" thread...mods please feel free to remove/move/merge)

The Ringke Slim Fusion case with strap holder arrived today. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me at all because the sharp "lip" dug in and felt like it was cutting into my pinkies (which I use to "anchor" the phone when I type) and I was left with indentation marks after only a few minutes of use so I cannot recommend this case. :( However, this could work for people who can type one-handed. They shouldn't have that issue because their fingers won't be pressed against the lip. It just didn't work for ME.

Will continue to use lanyards with regular cases! :)

See my "review" here:

Initial observation: http://forums.imore.com/showpost.php?p=2364712

After about 3 minutes of use and subsequent removal attempt(s): :( http://forums.imore.com/showpost.php?p=2364720

Last edited:

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

I bought my first case from them after seeing everyone rave about them. I sent it back the day after I got it. Compared to the Apple leather case and Otterbox cases I feel they are very cheaply built. Just not the case for me. And it took 18 days to get here.

TheFirm

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I bought my first case from them after seeing everyone rave about them. I sent it back the day after I got it. Compared to the Apple leather case and Otterbox cases I feel they are very cheaply built. Just not the case for me. And it took 18 days to get here.

Yea I'm staying as far away as possible from their products in the future

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Got another Tech21 case, the Tactical case in black. Slim, grippy and rugged without the bulk. Found it at Best Buy.

Love Tech21 cases! :)

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1413183829.344648.jpg
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1413183842.393482.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1413183854.176362.jpg

martinlmnt

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Screen Shot 2014-10-13 at 08.50.32.png

I got this case today. Ordered it yesterday via Amazon and it's exactly what I was looking for.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the Apple Leather case but the opening at the bottom worried me. I hate scratches appearing on my device.

This one is definitely worth it!

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
It's smooth TPU with no texture. It's smooth and glossy. Their tactical case would be better but it only comes in one color.

Best Buy now has the Tech21 Tactical cases in black and smokey. :)

My Tactical in black:
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1413219043.760532.jpg

Robertk328's photo of his Tactical in Smokey:
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1413219058.236778.jpg

TheFirm

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Just got this case in the mail http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00O11TL6S?t=imore-20&tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2368472

It feels pretty good in the hand, although not as good as the Ringke case, which doesn't surprise me.

The case cost $25 plus shipping, however it doesn't feel like it's worth the price, it probably should have retailed at $15. But price really isn't a big deal when it comes to cases, but I'll just say that I feel that the quality wasn't what I expected.

The case is by no means a bad case, it looks pretty good and it was fairly easy to put on, however the back of the case feels cheap and it sort of feels like cardboard or something. Also the back easily collects dust.

The aluminum parts of the case feel and look great,but I wouldn't be surprised if they are prone to scratches.

The case feels very light weight surprisingly, it actually feels a bit lighter than the Ringke case.

The buttons work perfectly, although you will lose the "click" sound when you press them.

While this case doesn't seem like it will be my favorite case, it's definitely one I'd recommend.

TheFirm

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Here are some photos
131eaaff8029c4c8d030d991a8c9f92a.jpg
6a33c7c598461077f4a3fac43c6563b8.jpg
280dd4eb05bfef5ca26b7f0c8ed3c984.jpg
472834b3f3ebe887707cee16ab292485.jpg
6aeb366b6ddc1658b8885a6488bd6c15.jpg