No 32GB model. Are you disappointed?

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
People are assuming that the 32gb would be $199 / $649 or $299 / $749 (6 plus), but I believe that Apple would have left it at the same price point as it is now and the rest of the options would be $100 more... meaning the 128 gb 6 or 6 plus would be $499 / $949 or $599 / 1049, respectively.

Hope I did the math right... lol. Sleepy.

END

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
While it does not have an impact on me since I get the larger sizes, I think I know why they did it, (money grab/incentivize people to move up). However, I feel they should have once again led the industry and made 32GB the standard entry point.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
No. The 64GB is the same price as the 32GB used to be so that's a plus in my book. The 128GB is the one that I want which means that I'll have to wait until next month to get it.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
As was mentioned in the 6 forum...

The 64GB is priced at last year's 32GB price. No reason to be disappointed when you think about it. Think of it as a free upgrade. :)

Yup that's true. Hadn't realised that. Makes sense.

Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes and no, from a personal standpoint I would have loved a 32 gb as a base model with the cheaper price (in turn making the 6+ I'm buying the same price point as the current 32gb model). With that being said from a business standpoint it makes 100% sense, I'd say 35-40% of users would say 32gb is plenty of storage for them (myself included) so they would have been losing millions of dollars of profits yet they were super smart in offering a larger storage (which probably costs them $2) for the same price so people that were planning on spending the $299 are getting more bang for their buck and there won't be as many complaints. I wouldn't expect the 16gb model to go anywhere anytime soon, even though it's too small for most users it drives up sales of larger models and for those that just don't have that extra $100 to spend it still gets them a product in hopes they will become hooked and in the future they will buy more products with larger capacities for more $$$$$

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Why doesn't everyone keep saying it's a money grab when they are offering the 64GB model for the price if the 32GB model.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Why doesn't everyone keep saying it's a money grab when they are offering the 64GB model for the price if the 32GB model.

I think the ones griping want to spend the base amount on an iphone. 199.00 And 32gb would allow them to do that more easily. But of course Apple knows this and kept the base at 16gb because they want your extra hundred or two. It doesn't really matter if they're offering more at these upper tiers because the ones griping never wanted to spend beyond the base.

Win for Apple. Not so much for those wanting in at entry level.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Since I always buy the 32GB version, I'd of course rather the base model come with 32 instead of 16. That said, now I'll get 64GB for the old 32GB price, so there's really nothing to complain about price wise.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I think the ones griping want to spend the base amount on an iphone. 199.00 And 32gb would allow them to do that more easily. But of course Apple knows this and kept the base at 16gb because they want your extra hundred or two. It doesn't really matter if they're offering more at these upper tiers because the ones griping never wanted to spend beyond the base.

Win for Apple. Not so much for those wanting in at entry level.

But entry level is where it's always been. Actually there used to be an 8G. Don't know if that's still around anymore.

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
64g at 32g price, not to disappointed.

I'm glad I kept reading this thread. I was going to create a post expressing my disappointment that I would have to pay for a 64g phone when a 32g works just fine for me. But I'll take the extra 32g on my next phone.

Amy wineBerry

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
As I had full intention on purchasing a 32GB model, I didn't even consider that it could have been the entry level model and thus cheaper. As it stands, I'm not disappointed at all. I'm over here thinking of ways to fill 64GB lol. I'm sure I will find a way, as I did when I made the jump from 16GB to 32GB.

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
How can you possibly be disappointed? Pay this year what you paid last year for the 32GB version and get another 32GB for free. 64GB for the price of 32. Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

True. But there are some people who don't need all that extra storage and I'm sure there are some people who'd want to pay the price of the 16gig for the 32gig.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm not so disappointed with the change. I do wish they would've had at least the 32GB be the starting option for the iPhone 6 Plus, but can see why they didn't. I need more money!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73