Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I am sorry for not being clear I meant how to turn it off permanently

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
To return to the default bars permanently, follow these steps:

Step 1: Dial *3001#12345#* on your iPhone then press Call.

Step 2: Press on your Home Button once.

This trick may come in handy when you're in a dead zone and need to know where to move to for a better signal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rdubmu

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
To return to the default bars permanently, follow these steps:

Step 1: Dial *3001#12345#* on your iPhone then press Call.

Step 2: Press on your Home Button once.

This trick may come in handy when you're in a dead zone and need to know where to move to for a better signal.

This didn't work

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

jdcorbitt3

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I used do this on my Nokia 6690 in the 90s. The best signal I saw was -52 db at the base of a tower. The cut off to no signal was -113 db. This is the actual strength of the signal getting to your phone For most young people, in the audible frequencies, the hearing threshold is 0 db. Every 3 db, sound, or in this case, signal strength doubles. I will keep my phone in field test mode and see what I get these days.

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I used to do this on my Blackberry's with the key-press they had. I don't know how do it currently on their phones, but there is someway, that I hope was posted on their forum. I am going to go back and forth between dots and decibels when I need to.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Anyone know if there is something different to do with this to get it to stick with iOS 8? Trying it on my 6 Plus and just goes away when I exit the field test app. Even powering off and on in the field test app as well.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Just follow the directions that Elizabeth2 just gave you. It works

I did follow the directions.

It works until I exit the field test app. I came here wondering if anyone knows of a different work besides the directions she gave since it isn't sticking for me.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
These instructions have stuck for me on my iPhone5 with every iOS update I've done since following the instructions...

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
These instructions have stuck for me on my iPhone5 with every iOS update I've done since following the instructions...

You're right. Post #2 in this thread ended up working for me. I kept referring to Elizabeth's guide. The holding down of the home button trick is what did it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73