Will the cases for the 5s work for the 5se?

I

iMore Question

Will the case for my 5s work on the 5se? Will they be around the same size?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Probably not. Most speculation is the screen will be rounded more like the 6 and 6s. The back might also have the same design. I guess only time will tell as we all wait for the announcement ��

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! From what I've read from the rumor mill it's doubtful that the 5se (which is a rumored device itself) will bare much resemblance to the 5s aside from a 4" screen. That being said, you'll most likely have to purchase a new case but we won't know for sure until the device is officially announced.

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
When the rumor first came to light, they all said that this 5se would look like a 5S with 6 or 6S internals, or something like that. Lately, I've been reading that it will look more like the newer generations of iPhone and may even have a protruding camera as well. At the very least, a strong rumor is that the glass will be curved, even if in a 5S-like casing....in turn, highly unlikely old cases would work with the rumored device, if we even see the device. It is just rumor at this point afterall.

justinlpsu

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
I would say it is very unlikely. If you visit the vrs design website (formerly Verus cases) and shop for cases, there is a separate 5se section (albeit empty at the moment). There is also an ipad air 3 section

anon(5787457)

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Due to the fact that Mark Gurman of 9to5mac recently still said that it will nearly look identical to a 5s I think yes. In his article he also claims that the existing cases will fit the new 4inch phone. I think it is realistic because otherwise it would take a few months until new and good cases will be available.

Mark Gurman is always right and has a stellar track record. He even predicted the new MacBook last year in detail. So I still trust him the most when it comes to his articles.

So, I'd say YES the cases will fit. I even got myself a great 5s case and hope I don't have to send it back after the 21st :)

avokodo

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Will really be interesting to see if this still holds up now that the phone has been revealed since there was some awesome phone accessories for the 5s

Posted via the iMore App for Android

anon(5787457)

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
The 5/5s cases work with the SE. It is the "same" device besides the modern internals and the matte edged!
If you filter on Apple's website, all the 5/5s cases are recommended for the SE, too.

Due to the fact that case makers thought it would look different, a lot of great 5/5s cases are on sale!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2