iPhone 5S Issues

West Londoner

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
Hi all

I have a 5S , which I recieved 3 Years ago on my birthday

It works fine , but has developed some annoying issues which I wonder if anyone can help me with . It is a Silver 16GB , on the 3 Network , has been used caseless but is in spotless condition , no cracks or scratches anywhere

Battery : It only charges to 50-60 % of total battery capacity . Am not sure why this is happeneing

Also shuts down unexpectedly with plenty of charge left , turns back on after 2 min + hard reset

Screen : I believe there is some sort of ghosting issue , it keeps picking up touches to the screen that I have not made , sometimes in entirely different areas of the screen

Sticking with the screen , there is a red dot omnipresent whenever I am using the phone . A friend told me that it was a dead pixel , but I am not sure what this means and how severe it is

Also TouchID does not work properly any more . It recognises my fingerprints less than half of the time , despite repeated deleting and re registering

I wonder if anyone can help with this myriad of issues ?

Any answers would be appreciated

Thanks

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
First off, a restore would not hurt.
Regarding the battery, it's at the end of his life. It's dying. A trip to the Apple Store and a payment of $89 will solve that issue. While you're there, you can always ask them about the other issues you're having. It shouldn't act up like it does now.

West Londoner

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
Ah thanks

I checked the battery cycle with CoconutBattery , and it comes up as 1200 charges . Im guessing that definitely means end of life

Also , would the charges for battery replacement be different in the UK ? as in more expensive or cheaper . Im guessing more expensive

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Ah thanks

I checked the battery cycle with CoconutBattery , and it comes up as 1200 charges . Im guessing that definitely means end of life

Also , would the charges for battery replacement be different in the UK ? as in more expensive or cheaper . Im guessing more expensive

That's what my old iPhone 5 has. And since yesterday morning, I haven't been able to boot it up. All I get is the battery icon on the screen. I need a new battery too. I don't use it much though. Mostly for back up. I have no idea about battery costs on the UK. If there's a reputable repair shop, it would be less than the Apple Store.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Ah thanks

Well, in the US it's $89 and in the Netherlands is €89. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say in the U.K. it will be £89.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
OK kl thanks

The battery cost at Apple here in the US is $79. If I have to send it to them, then they charge an additional $6.95 for shipping. Probably not much different in the UK. But for an older phone, I would find a reputable repair shop. The one here charges $25 for the battery and $25 for putting it in. $50 total.

West Londoner

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
Yh , Ive decided reluctantly that is time to go

But Im going to wait till Black Friday for a good deal . Im probably getting an XZ Premium , or Pixel 2 next

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711