How do I delete Safari website data from an iPhone 5s?

motiv8s42

Mar 17, 2017
Visit site
I just read How to delete Safari website data from iPhone by Allyson Kazamucha on 6/19/13. The steps didn't work for me. Thanks for the info but it didn't work for me. I have an iPhone 5s. I first went to the Website Data and clicked the buttons Remove All Website Data and Remove Now. I click on the Website Data again and there is still data there. So, I click the Remove All Website Data and Remove Now buttons again. This happens repeatedly and never completely removes all the data. So, I go to the Clear History and Website Data and click the Clear History and Data button. It greys out. Then, I return to the Website Data and try this again and the previous occurrence happens. What can I do?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been experiencing the same issues with a "few" sites, including iMore. The data amount changes to 0 Bytes, but the actual site name remains. I think it's a cache issue with iOS 10. I don't recall it happening prior to iOS 10. It doesn't happen with all web sites. When I select to clear all website data, the sites remain after refreshing, but if I swipe left to delete each one individually, that does the trick with the exception of a few (2 or 3). No one uses my iPhone except me so I'm not worried about it.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
I'm having similar issues, on both iOS and Mac OS. On iOS, it seems that I have more luck in removing all data, by using the manual 'swipe left' trick.

On Mac OS, there are a few sites that just won't disappear. They will reappear immediately after closing the preferences tab, after having removed them all.

This might be a Safari related bug. I've tried searching the filesystem for any file that I could remove, but didn't get lucky, unfortunately.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
To remove all the data, go to settings > Safari > scroll down to advanced> website data > either use the edit option at the top, or slide each one left to delete. It's a PITA, but it does the job. I sometimes have to do it twice. Back up to website data, then back and delete more.

But do the "clear all website data" first.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE: iOS 10.3.2 beta seems to have fixed the problem with regard to reappearing website data.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh