Voicemail Not Working on iPhone 5s

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
So, my mother's voicemail isn't working on her iPhone 5s. I called her this afternoon, as did someone else, but she can't access her voicemail or visual voicemail. It shows who called and all that, but when you click on the "Play" button, nothing happens. I tried troubleshooting a bit this evening with no success. I'm kind of stumped.

I don't know if this matters, but we're on T-Mobile. I also tested out my own voicemail by using the landline to call my number, but I couldn't for the life of me remember how I used to go into my voicemail via a different phone to check messages. Actually, I remember SOME of it, but not all.

I did see something about resetting network settings, but neither of us want to do that (or at least not just yet). Anybody have any ideas beyond that?

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
So... Nobody has a single answer for this problem???

I had a voicemail issue before on my SE. I would suggest contacting T-Mobile about it. For now, something that the T-Mo rep suggested to me is that you can dial 123 to check voicemail manually at any time.

Does anything happen if her phone is turned off and then turned back on?

In my case, my voicemails are just delayed so dialing that number works for me, along with turning my phone off and then back on.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I had a voicemail issue before on my SE. I would suggest contacting T-Mobile about it. For now, something that the T-Mo rep suggested to me is that you can dial 123 to check voicemail manually at any time.

Does anything happen if her phone is turned off and then turned back on?

In my case, my voicemails are just delayed so dialing that number works for me, along with turning my phone off and then back on.

I'll try the 123 thing, thanks!

Turning the phone off and then back on didn't do the trick. I tried that. I thought if anything, calling her number from the landline and then pressing the pound key would bring up some options for listening to voicemail. Her visual voicemail doesn't work, either. I just thought it odd because I never actually set up voicemail on my iPhone 6s, but it works fine, both audio and visual.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
The carrier does voicemail. You might give T-Mobile a call.

I had issues with my voicemail last summer, and I called my Carrier, and they were able to resolve it for me. So as Ledsteplin suggested, I'd call T-Mobile! Good luck and keep us posted!

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Update on the situation: Visual voicemail still doesn't work, but the good news is that regular voicemail now does! We did the call 123 thing and my mother was finally able to listen to the six voicemail messages she had. Thanks again, and especially to libra89! :)

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Update on the situation: Visual voicemail still doesn't work, but the good news is that regular voicemail now does! We did the call 123 thing and my mother was finally able to listen to the six voicemail messages she had. Thanks again, and especially to libra89! :)

Awesome! You're welcome. I'm glad that worked out well for her.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner