Is anyone else's phone battery dying before reaching zero percent?

kristenelaine1991

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
I'm curious if anyone else has this problem. My phone wil be like 5-9% charged and it will die. Like it thinks it's dead but it couldn't wait the rest of the way.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Battery problem<?

No. I've yet to experience anything like that with an iPhone. It's possible that you may need to make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to have them diagnose and possibly fix the problem for you. They may find that your battery has become defective.

colocolo

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

Need help on a 2 days old battery replacement of my iPh5s. I attempted to do it myself, and the 2 Videos I had were for a regular iPh5..So off I went screwing up the home button and the thumb print which I loved.
I wound up taking it to a shop by home, and they installed the new battery, the phone is running perfectly, other than the finger touch. The problem I am having is that the battery is depleting very fast. It charges very fast to 100% and stays at that for a good long time. but once the % stars goinn dow it goes fast, without using the phone at all.
Any pointers, greatly appreciated.

colocolo

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

I just realized that Background App Refresh was on..It's OFF now, I will monitor from here..67% at 11:28 AM... Just_Me_D : Go 'Canes Go !!

colocolo

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

Well., experiment failed...getting to 22% right now, havent used the phone at all since I started watching the battery discharge. (7 hrs ago) I hope it's a setting I haven't caught. I truly hope it's a not a new battery problem..Bought it on eBay and I dont want to have to deal with that mess.

Anyone out there with some pointers ??

colocolo

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

Just in case if anyone EVER comes across this weirdness...Yesterday while the phone's new battery was depleting FASTER than a speeding bullet, I let it go down to ZERO and DEATH.

Early this AM I charged it from Nothinn, and it has been great ALL DAY, they way it should,,at 7:30AM and 100% now 5:09PM at 92% and using it during the Day.. The Trick, without anyone telling me, came from INTUITION and Worked.

Miami 16 Vs Puke 14 at the Half. Gotta Love It :cool:

colocolo

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

Unreal...

Battery 66%, 26 hrs later, and using it quite a lot including music streaming while walking/exercising with Bluetooth on.

colocolo

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
kristenelaine1991 did you ever contact Apple on your issue ?? You don't have to go to a Store, you can post your problem on line at their Forums.

Have a great one.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I just realized that Background App Refresh was on..It's OFF now, I will monitor from here..67% at 11:28 AM... Just_Me_D : Go 'Canes Go !!

Turning off Background App Refresh won't help much. It might even hinder. The big 3 battery users are Screen brightness, push notifications, and location services. That's where I would first look for answers.

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Anytime you replace the battery you need to let it drain completely to zero so the device can re-calibrate the new battery. Otherwise your device will use what it had for the previous battery and the percentage will not be correct.
It needs that full cycle to get back to proper battery reporting.

colocolo

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Yep...I found that OUT without anyone telling me, but txs,,Live and Learn.

The battery came WITH zero instructions. As I said 4-5 posts ago when I let the battery die then recharge, what a world of difference

Late advice, BUT certainly appreciated !!!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Anytime you replace the battery you need to let it drain completely to zero so the device can re-calibrate the new battery. Otherwise your device will use what it had for the previous battery and the percentage will not be correct.
It needs that full cycle to get back to proper battery reporting.

No, you don't. Not the batteries they use in phones now.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77