Why I cannot add location to my Instagram posts?

I

iMore Question

Hi. I use iPhone 5S with iOS 9.3.2 and the latest version of Instagram.

The location services is ON and it works well in the Google Maps application. Also, I permitted the Instagram to use my location. However, I cannot add location to my Instagram posts! It does not find ANY location to select. What should I do? Thanks.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Is the option to choose a location available in the final step before sharing the picture? It should be a box with locations in rectangular boxes.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Worst case scenario: delete Instagram from your phone and add it back.

If you have any further questions please join our forum. We're happy to help.

ayanghosh_83

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
Hi. I've the same problem in my iPhone 5 with iOS 9.3.2 and the latest version of Instagram.

The location services is working for all other apps except Instagram.

I've deleted Instagram and reinstalled it from app store but issue persist.

What next?

Thanks.

Careylouise

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Did you manage to find a solution to this? I'm having the same problem. Have all location services turned on and checked every setting, it works for everything else except instagram

rpr2016az

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
I have the exact same problem and tried everything listed here to fix it. No joy! One thing is that I disabled my Facebook account before really getting into Instagram, so I don't know if it worked before. I did read that any new site you want to add in, does it in Facebook locations 😕

Marty Hickford

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
I've recently had this problem on iOS 10, despite location services being on, and instagram having permissions to access locations. For me, the problem started immediately after I deactivated my facebook account. I realised however, that even though my facebook was deactivated; instagram was still trying to sync information with the account, to resolve this, go to settings > linked accounts and manually unlink from facebook. Worked immediately.

It appears as though the issue is in someways being caused by the link between instagram and facebook. If you're having this issue and you still use facebook, I'd recommend following the above steps, seeing if it works, and then re-linking to your facebook again.

TommyBaines22

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I have had this issue for a long time now. I can post a photo and add the location there and then, however if i was to post a photo and wish to add the location in another country for example it doesn't let me. How can I fix this? Would be a huge help!!!

itstellar

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
I've recently had this problem on iOS 10, despite location services being on, and instagram having permissions to access locations. For me, the problem started immediately after I deactivated my facebook account. I realised however, that even though my facebook was deactivated; instagram was still trying to sync information with the account, to resolve this, go to settings > linked accounts and manually unlink from facebook. Worked immediately.

It appears as though the issue is in someways being caused by the link between instagram and facebook. If you're having this issue and you still use facebook, I'd recommend following the above steps, seeing if it works, and then re-linking to your facebook again.

Worked! Thanks!

ladymcquaid

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

That worked perfectly, thank you!

tangelene

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site

Awesome! Worked perfectly. I could still 'Share' on Facebook through the App just slide it back on when you are on the photo you're about to post *thumbs up!

Ruth_fell

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
I have same problem. Location is faded so that you cannot "choose" it at all. Also, when I try to load an app, it constantly says "you have not used the white bag yet so can't have any apps! I'm really confused about that one. Please help!

Miss Vieves

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
I am wondering the same. I am able to select a location to any of my posts but I cannot add one that isn't listed. I have been able to add a place that hasn't been added in the past but can no longer seem to be able to do that. How can I fix this issue?

igvoka

Jan 11, 2017
Visit site
Hi, I have problem with location on my instagram. I can't put location on my picture if I am not there. For example I was on vacation and now I am home and I want to put location from vacation on my picture but I am not there anymore. When I want to share picture and when I click on location its show me only nearly location. But all other users can do that. I tried everything and it's still isn't working. How can I fix that?