Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Bamboo Stylus Fineline and iPhone 5s

My stroke medication means I have the shakes afterwards which makes texting impossible so I bought the awesome Wacom Bamboo Fineline which is a lot better quality than the cheap one i got from China,however I cannot use it just as an active stylus for texting,am I doing something wrong?Please help........Dave.

Default Re: Bamboo Stylus Fineline and iPhone 5s

I don't know. How exactly are you attempting to use it for texting? I assume you're trying to tap the letter of the on-screen keyboard. If so, then you're not doing anything wrong. If the taps are not registering, are you certain the stylus supports the iPhone's display?
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: Bamboo Stylus Fineline and iPhone 5s, how can I set it up to use as an active stylus for texting

I have a cheap active stylus which does what i need it to do except there is no dust cap for the charging port.I got the Wacom Bamboo Fineline Stylus so i thought i would be making myself "futureproof"considering that it has bluetooth,USB dustcap,penlid to protect the stylus so i've sorted it................................no.Apparently this stylus is not compatible with an iphone according to their website
    has long as a stylus has power to its tip a capacitive stylus with a fine tip would work but it doesn't.Please can somebody "point me in the right direction?".................................Dave.
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: Bamboo Stylus Fineline and iPhone 5s, how can I set it up to use as an active stylus for texting

I have posted about this again above ,what i have gathered from the website of Wacom is that they are incompatible,although i can't see why, an active stylus is an active stylus isn't it?................apparently not,the Wacom is too expensive to open up to see if it can be rejigged to work on an andriod/ios
    i was hoping that i could get hold of a whizzkid to 'talk' me through making the adjustments where necessary.For my next upgrade in February the Note 5 looks a good bet!