Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Locked out of my iPhone 5S

Help... I just updated my iPhone. I forgot the password for my Apple ID email address. After several tries my phone said I could not use my Apple ID email address to unlock the phone. I went to my Apple ID account and changed my email address and password. It still will not let me into my phone.

When I check devices on my Apple ID account, my iPhone is not there.. Can someone please assist!

Default Locked out of my iPhone 5S

Welcome to iMore! You'll need to erase your device and restore. The steps are detailed in the link.
    I'm hoping that changing your email address doesn't mess things up for you. Your iPhone has your old email address stored in it.
    iMore Elite

2,565 Posts

Default Re: Locked out of my iPhone 5S

Also you can go to the Apple Store should get help there. I had a iPhone 4 that had an iCloud lock on it. Since I purchased the phone on ebay I was nit the original owner. Apple could not help me with that. But, since you own the phone you should be fine.