Error (50) While Restoring my iPhone 5s. What do I do?

I

iMore Question

Error (50) While Restoring my iPhone 5s.

Can Some one walk me through it please? I have tried all the common remedies mentioned on various sites none work and now my phone is stuck in RECOVERY MODE
Tried restoring via recovery mode no luck
tried DFU mode and no luck too

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Error (50) While Restoring my iPhone 5s.

That error is typically caused by some sort of connection issue. Are you using a third party lightning cable? If so, try an OEM cable. Make sure your internet connection is solid as well. The error could pop up if something is timing out due to slow internet. If all else fails just wait a while and try again. It could simply be that Apple's servers are busy.
If you're stuck in recovery mode try resetting your device by holding the power button and home button down simultaneously until you see the Apple boot logo. Then try updating again.
If you continue to experience problems take your phone into an Apple Store or contact Apple Support.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
From what I've seen of error (50), there's not much you can do. I've seen some offer solutions, but not sure if they work. It's apparently a home button issue. Or so I've read. Contact Apple.
Wait, that may have been error (53).

Last edited:

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
From what I've seen of error (50), there's not much you can do. I've seen some offer solutions, but not sure if they work. It's apparently a home button issue. Or so I've read. Contact Apple.
Wait, that may have been error (53).

Home button is Error 53.