Excessive battery drain & missing stats
I have an iPhone 5S which is on iOS 9.2.1. The battery drains extremely fast while the phone is not is use, screen locked, the drain is much lesser during normal usage. Also, the battery stats page keeps saying that the battery stats will occur after using the phone for a few minutes all the time. The phone also says that this iPhone has been plugged in since last charge, but the time counters since the last full charge are fine.
I had the same issue on iOS 9.2. I tried a hard reset, and a clean iTunes restore, I am out of ideas, what do i do?
- 01-28-2016, 07:40 PM #2
- 7,810 Posts
Re: Excessive battery drain & missing stats
Welcome to iMore! If you've done a clean install through iTunes and the problem persists I'm inclined to think it's hardware related. It could just be your battery itself which makes sense considering the excessive draining. Apple's lithium batteries are designed to retain 80% of original capacity for 500 full charge cycles. After that, it's normal to start experiencing decreased battery life.
- 01-28-2016, 11:34 PM #3
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6sReplies: 1Last Post: 02-03-2016, 09:12 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 01-27-2016, 01:42 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 01-26-2016, 09:46 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 01-26-2016, 06:21 AM
- By poakenfold in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 4Last Post: 01-25-2016, 07:06 AM