iPhone full of photos..how can I get iTunes and Photos to take the off the device?

I

iMore Question

iPhone full of photos...

I friend of mine has a 5s running iOS9. She keeps getting messages that her phone storage is full, she takes A LOT of photos. I tried some things last night but couldn't seem to figure out why iTunes and Photos aren't pull the photos off the device when its set to. Im an Android user so Im not real versed in iOS other than what I can find online and none of those really made sense. I tired deleting the manually on the phone since they are being backed up with iTunes but that appears to not have done anything.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: iPhone full of photos...

When you delete photos on an iOS device, it isn't immediately deleted.

When you do so, it resides in a "Recently Deleted" album. This is done so that if you accidentally delete a photo that carries a lot of memories, you can very easily recover it.

You can either wait 30 days for the photos to be automatically deleted or select all of them and delete them while in that folder.

Since your friend is quite the photo taker, consider setting up Dropbox, iCloud Photos or Google Photos for her so that she can back up all her photos without needing a computer. Perhaps she should consider more internal storage for her upgrade.

Khizer Hayat2

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site

I like to use dropbox but they do not have option of not uploading videos while onedrive has that feature. I wanted to know that is there any option in dropbox which i am missing? Secondly if i use icloud for my photos will be able to see my those photos when i dont have internet of coverage?

D13H4RD2L1V3

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

I like to use dropbox but they do not have option of not uploading videos while onedrive has that feature. I wanted to know that is there any option in dropbox which i am missing? Secondly if i use icloud for my photos will be able to see my those photos when i dont have internet of coverage?

I'm not a heavy Dropbox user, so I can't really answer that.

For the second part, you need an internet connection to update the library. I assume that you need an internet connection to view your collection as well.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

Ok what do u think is the best way of backing up my photos?

First, do a cloud backup. I recommend Google Photos since they offer free unlimited amounts of storage for photos up to 16MP and videos up to 1080p, which are perfectly fine for the 5S.

Secondly, do a local backup on your computer. You may need to use iTunes, but sometimes, your iPhone may show up as a camera, meaning that you can use Windows Explorer (Windows) or iPhoto (OS X) to retrieve and backup those photos.

Khizer Hayat2

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site

I have installed Google Photos a while ago but they actually remove photos from photo gallery. Will I be able to have my google photos offline?

pheatton

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the suggestions. Im leaning towards using Google Photos then just plugging the iPhone into my Windows based PC and wiping them like that. I had to do something similar on her 4s but Google Photos didnt exist yet. Can the Mac version of Google photo upload from her Apple Photos library?

D13H4RD2L1V3

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

I have installed Google Photos a while ago but they actually remove photos from photo gallery. Will I be able to have my google photos offline?

Google Photos shouldn't remove photos from your gallery. It should just make backups of them on the cloud.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the suggestions. Im leaning towards using Google Photos then just plugging the iPhone into my Windows based PC and wiping them like that. I had to do something similar on her 4s but Google Photos didnt exist yet. Can the Mac version of Google photo upload from her Apple Photos library?

You can upload them manually on photos.google.com