why wont my iphone 5s show up or connet to my new laptop?
I got a new asus laptop for Christmas and it has windows 8.1 on it but I wanted to download Spotify and multiple other apps onto the laptop from my iPhone 5c, but it wont show up on the updated new iTunes on my laptop I don't know why. Help? I have tried putting the USB in a different port and the iPhone is fully charged and turns on fine but it wont connect to the pc what is wrong with it?
- 12-26-2015, 02:25 PM #2iMore Expert
- 797 Posts
Re: why wont my iphone 5s show up or connet to my new laptop?
That's strange. Try to disable firewall and or any antivirus, then reboot the computer and the iPhone and see if it helps, another setting you can turn down is the UAC, simply type UAC in the search bar of the start window, then drag the bar bellow and reboot the computer.
I'm pretty certain that it have something to do with security on the computer which is not allowing iTunes to read your iPhone when connected.
- 01-03-2016, 04:12 PM #3iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Re: Why won't my iPhone 5s show up or connect to my new laptop?
Does the iPhone recognize the charging cable when it's plugged into a wall connector? I agree this is probably a Windows 8 issue, I'd try and plug it into a non-Windows 8/8.1 PC and see if the issue remains, this could isolate the problem for you.
- By sameeraol in forum iPhone 6s PlusReplies: 2Last Post: 03-14-2016, 03:38 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 3Last Post: 01-15-2016, 04:30 AM
- By latinking91 in forum iPhone 6sReplies: 44Last Post: 01-04-2016, 09:44 AM
- By sameeraol in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-26-2015, 01:34 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-26-2015, 12:24 PM