Problems sending text messages to Andriod because I cannot change settings
I am using 5s with v9.2. In settings > Messages > I do not have the option to add my phone number for messages. I see my me.com and iCloud.com addresses but not the phone number. As a result I can text one son who has an iPhone but not my other son with an Android (Galaxy).
- 12-24-2015, 08:23 PM #2iMore Beginner
- 81 Posts
Re: Problems sending text messages to Andriod because I cannot change settings
Those email addresses and phone number under "send and receive" are for iMessage only. iMessage is only available on Apple/iOS devices. To send a text message to a galaxy phone, you'll just send it as an SMS. Make sure "send as SMS" is turned on right above that.
In other words, there aren't any settings you should have to change. You'll just start a new message thread by clicking on the new message icon (upper right corner), enter your son's phone number (the one with the android) in the "To:" field, and type the message and hit send.
- By Paul Bailey III in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 3Last Post: 12-30-2015, 07:53 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Apple HardwareReplies: 1Last Post: 12-24-2015, 11:01 AM
- By swandy in forum iMacReplies: 1Last Post: 12-23-2015, 03:15 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-23-2015, 01:14 PM