Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Confused About Verizon iPhone 5S Unlock?

So I have just ended my Verizon plan for an iPhone 5S, and I am planning to sell it. I popped out the Verizon SIM card and will be listing it on eBay/Craigslist.

So here's the question: Now that I have a Verizon iPhone 5S without the Verizon plan or SIM, is it truly unlocked?, or is it still only compatible with a Verizon plan? Can the previously Verizon iPhone 5S now be used with AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, etc.?

Thank you so much, if you can tell me the process of how this works (unlocked phone concept is very confusing), too much will be appreciated.

Default Re: Confused About Verizon iPhone 5S Unlock?

Verizon brand iPhone 5S devices come factory unlocked.

Default Confused About Verizon iPhone 5S Unlock?

Welcome to iMore! You are going to want to make sure that Verizon releases that IMEI or else it doesn't matter whether or not you removed the SIM. The phone itself is a CDMA phone, which is typically compatible domestically with Verizon and Sprint.

EDIT: Just_Me_D brought up a good point. Verizon phones come factory unlocked so you should be good.