How's iOS 9.1 Treating Your 5s?

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I am curious to know how the 5s handles the latest and greatest. I am currently still running 8.4.1 on mine, but had 9 and also PB2 running before Apple stopped signing iOS 8. I know that iOS 9 wasn't all that great for this model, at least in my case.

If iOS 9.1 is smooth and fluid on the 5s, I will upgrade eventually. Since Apple did (and does) stop signing the older software, I'm hesitant to dive right in.

jaybalagna

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed a VERY slight lag with the quick reply function and pulling down Notification Center, but the amount my battery life has improved makes me not care about those in the slightest

M_Tarek

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
I am curious to know how the 5s handles the latest and greatest. I am currently still running 8.4.1 on mine, but had 9 and also PB2 running before Apple stopped signing iOS 8. I know that iOS 9 wasn't all that great for this model, at least in my case.

If iOS 9.1 is smooth and fluid on the 5s, I will upgrade eventually. Since Apple did (and does) stop signing the older software, I'm hesitant to dive right in.

After all positive replies I've read, I also should tell you their is some 5s owners who complain from battery drain and there's a report for Touch ID non-recognition, so I would advise to wait till 9.2 be out for better and reliable usage :)
I am having 4s, and still on 8.4 as it's an older phone than 5s.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
After all positive replies I've read, I also should tell you their is some 5s owners who complain from battery drain and there's a report for Touch ID non-recognition, so I would advise to wait till 9.2 be out for better and reliable usage :)
I am having 4s, and still on 8.4 as it's an older phone than 5s.

I had no problem with Touch ID with my iPhone 5S and iOS 9.1. I did re-setup my fingers when I upgraded the OS. Maybe that is why?

anon(4166778)

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
It runs smooth for the most part. My wife has a 6 and hers runs a bit quicker and smoother than the 5S I use.. Just a slight lag in animations sometimes.. Where on her 6 it's always smooth like butter!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR