Is there a way to upgrade to a newer iOS version, but not the latest iOS version?
Have iphone 5s with iOS 7.0.4. Need to upgrade to a newer iOS in order to use an app I want to install. But, the app does not support 9.1. Is there a way to upgrade but to an older version? If so, which would be the best as it sounds like 9 and 9.0.2 have major issues.
- 10-23-2015, 03:14 PM #2iMore Newbie
- 41 Posts
Re: need to upgrade but don't want to upgrade to 9
From what I know about iOS, I think the only way to manually install an update is by downloading the ipsw file, but for it to install, Apple must still be signing it. If 8.4 is still being signed, you can try locating that ipsw file.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
- 10-23-2015, 03:46 PM #3
- 10-23-2015, 05:29 PM #4
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6Replies: 4Last Post: 10-25-2015, 03:35 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iMacReplies: 1Last Post: 10-23-2015, 04:22 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-23-2015, 01:40 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and SocialReplies: 1Last Post: 10-23-2015, 01:09 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-23-2015, 11:15 AM