Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

5 Posts

Default IPhone 5 Antivirus?

How do I check my iPhone 5 for viruses?

My first computer experience was in 1968, running BASIC routines via a Teletype in Vancouver, BC on a time-share GE computer in Los Angeles. When my next employer began equipping us with desktop computers, the IT team decided to buy from PC's Limited (Michael Dell's firm before he was convinced he wanted to use his name on his product.) My primary experience has been on the PC platform. When I suspect a malware problem I turn to the malwarebytes community for help. Is there something similar for the iPhone 5?

Default Re: IPhone 5 Antivirus?

The best thing that you can do is to constantly check for iOS updates and app updates from the App Store. If you want an app then there's Avira from the App Store. A quick search for anti virus should also bring up some other options.
    iMore Pro

625 Posts

Default Re: IPhone 5 Antivirus?

As far as I know, if you don't jailbreak you are good to go. When the media discusses malware on iPhones, they are talking about JailBroken devices… they don't mention that though.