- iMore Nanite
- 5 Posts
Why does my ear pods not work?
I bought my 5s in October last year and only tried the ear phones the other day. They made loud sound and stopped working on phone, they still work on my Ipad though. Would this still be covered by warranty as I had never tried to use them before? I also have no Apple store near me within a few hundred miles to get repaired.
- 10-13-2015, 12:38 PM #2
- 10-13-2015, 02:03 PM #3iMore Genius
- 14,252 Posts
Re: Why does my ear pods not work?
The fact that they work on one device endnote the other is a good indication that they DO WORK. On the device they re not working I would check the port where they plug in with canned air to make sure there is no blockage from dust/dirt and if that proves to work - Great! If not Genius Bar if it makes a difference to you anti would me even with the miles to drive When ou decide to make the appt. ask them if your warranty covers this which I think it does.
One last thing, Do you have another pair of headphones that you know works and try them to isolate the question you started the thread with.
- By Xterror in forum iOS 9Replies: 8Last Post: 10-13-2015, 03:40 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-13-2015, 02:16 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 3Last Post: 10-13-2015, 01:36 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6Replies: 1Last Post: 10-13-2015, 01:10 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPad AirReplies: 1Last Post: 10-13-2015, 01:07 PM