why do apps take up more space than indicated?
Itunes says 5 Gb used for Apps. I have ~ 50 apps each on average use 30 Mb. This is is no where near 5 Gb
- 10-10-2015, 08:57 AM #2
- 10-10-2015, 10:56 AM #3
- 24,979 Posts
Re: why do apps take up more space than indicated?
What's shown in the App Store description is as the app is submitted by the developer. When downloaded, it's been formatted (to not get technical) by Apple to fit your phone. That adds to the size. I actually saw one recently that downloaded at the same size that was advertised.
- 10-10-2015, 12:01 PM #4
- 10-10-2015, 01:50 PM #5
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-09-2015, 03:04 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 4Replies: 1Last Post: 10-09-2015, 02:15 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-09-2015, 01:51 PM
- By James Falconer in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-09-2015, 12:23 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 10-09-2015, 12:06 PM