Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Septembersrain
  • 2 Post By eyeyousee
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

3 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Default From Iphone 6+ to 5S. Stupid?

Hi. My first Iphone was 5S and I really enjoyed it. However I was frustrated with battery life, with lot of calls and internet nonstop with tons of mails, my battery was almost empty in the afternoon (5 months of ownership) So I went android and then bought 6+. Battery life is sooo good, but I missed beautiful design of 5S.

I really don īt mind bigger phones, but comparing, I liked 5S more. I am thinking about downgrade, do you think it is stupid and I will regret it soon? I don īt want 6 or 6s because size is not matter, although 5S was more comfortable to use.

Default Re: From Iphone 6+ to 5S. Stupid?

Have you at least tried the regular 6? The issues you had with the 5s before will still most likely be there. I can understand loving a design. I still feel that the 5c is my favorite phone of all time. I'm enjoying using it again. However, I can definitely tell the difference between this phone and my iPhone 6. So I got a 6s. I'll grow to like it. While I'll always love my 5c, the features on the new model are very much appreciated.

Ultimately it's your choice on what phone you want to use, just follow your heart in it. Get a 5s, try it out again, then if you really feel it's better for you and your needs, then be happy!

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk. 🖖
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

108 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,066 Global Posts

I get good battery life with my 5s but probably don't use it as heavily as you. The other thing is it seems to charge fast! Are you not around an outlet during the day? Ultimately only you know why is best for you. Good luck!
    iMore Nanite

3 Posts

Battery life will always depend on how often we use our phones. I just bought a 5S 64GB the price (here in my place) is almost the same as the new iphone 6 w/ 16GB internal memory, obviously I chose capacity over... what?... screen size?. I have a very large music library that's why. I personally don't think it's a stupid decision in my part because I am enjoying my phone and that's the most important thing!
    JanuarJaguar and TgeekB like this.
    iMore Intermediate

203 Posts
    Global Posts
    634 Global Posts

Not a "stupid" decision, I myself am considering the same; as mentioned in a similar thread I personally don't experience the great battery life that the 6+ offers, as others state.
    I purchased a 5s for my wife and am constantly eyeing it, and I may switch back to a 5s very soon
    iMore Expert

752 Posts
    Global Posts
    925 Global Posts

Not stupid, but you'll have to be careful about battery.

I'm carrying a 6s Plus (personal) and a 5s (business) now.

Sometime Apple will do a 4-inch model again with updated specs. But it hasn't happened yet.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

That's not stupid. If that's what you want to do and the 5s works for you, then go for it.