Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

Default iphone 5s touch id does not working after motherboard replacment

Hello all

actually some days ago my iphone body and display broken then i have bought a dead iphone which motherboard does not work but condition is new ..

After that i have replace the motherboard all is working fine without touch id .

unable to setup touch id setup..

I heard that touch id sensor is secured with motherboard .

can you help me what i should replace to work touch id . i mean i will take it from my phone .. is this home button or what ?

Thanks

Default Re: iphone 5s touch id does not working after motherboard replacment

I would take a look at the ribbon cable on the display that connects to the Touch ID sensor, could be loose or broken.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Nanite

i mean my current iphone is okay but my original phone that rebon cable is now broken .. is there any way?
    iMore Intermediate

The i5s main board and home button have to stay together. They both share an encryption key for the purpose of touch ID. Its a security feature.
    So the main board from your phone has to stay with is home key and visa versa. If you switched boards but not home keys then that will not work. You must keep them together.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: iPhone 5s touch ID does not work after motherboard replacement, how can I fix this?

Dear the flex cable has damaged ... Will it work with replacement ? Home button is ok.

It will not work. This is for your own safety

It's not compatible with a different motherboard. This is to prevent stolen phones from being "Gutted" then put back together. That's what I read anyways...
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  
    iMore Nanite

Dear, if i add the original home key . with my orignal motherboard will the sensor work?.

just flex cable is damaged

Default iPhone 5s touch ID does not work after motherboard replacement, how can I fix...

Quote Originally Posted by zia5656 View Post
    Dear, if i add the original home key . with my orignal motherboard will the sensor work?.

just flex cable is damaged
    In essence it should, however, I'm unsure if that is as simple as it sounds. If they're disconnected from each other, I'm not sure if there will be complications. I'd seriously contact an Apple technician.

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk. 🖖
  10. Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: iPhone 5s touch ID does not work after motherboard replacement, how can I fix...

Please .. I am unable to contact because , my warranty has expired and in my country no Apple service Centre ,, if u call them and help me plz