iPhone 5s touch ID does not work after motherboard replacement, how can I fix this?

zia5656

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
iphone 5s touch id does not working after motherboard replacment

Hello all

actually some days ago my iphone body and display broken then i have bought a dead iphone which motherboard does not work but condition is new ..

After that i have replace the motherboard all is working fine without touch id .

unable to setup touch id setup..

I heard that touch id sensor is secured with motherboard .

can you help me what i should replace to work touch id . i mean i will take it from my phone .. is this home button or what ?

Thanks

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Re: iphone 5s touch id does not working after motherboard replacment

I would take a look at the ribbon cable on the display that connects to the Touch ID sensor, could be loose or broken.

zia5656

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site

i mean my current iphone is okay but my original phone that rebon cable is now broken .. :( is there any way?

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

The i5s main board and home button have to stay together. They both share an encryption key for the purpose of touch ID. Its a security feature.
So the main board from your phone has to stay with is home key and visa versa. If you switched boards but not home keys then that will not work. You must keep them together.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

It will not work. This is for your own safety

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

It's not compatible with a different motherboard. This is to prevent stolen phones from being "Gutted" then put back together. That's what I read anyways...

zia5656

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site

Dear, if i add the original home key . with my orignal motherboard will the sensor work?.

just flex cable is damaged

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
iPhone 5s touch ID does not work after motherboard replacement, how can I fix...

Dear, if i add the original home key . with my orignal motherboard will the sensor work?.

just flex cable is damaged

In essence it should, however, I'm unsure if that is as simple as it sounds. If they're disconnected from each other, I'm not sure if there will be complications. I'd seriously contact an Apple technician.

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk. 🖖

zia5656

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: iPhone 5s touch ID does not work after motherboard replacement, how can I fix...

Please .. I am unable to contact because , my warranty has expired and in my country no Apple service Centre ,, if u call them and help me plz

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods