Bluetooth paired/connected - but NO call-audio on headset!!
I have suddenly lost the "phone-call-audio" between my bluetooth headsets with my iPhone 5s - iOS 8.4.1. Its been working flawlessly for 3+ years, but after upgrade to iOS 8.4.1 last week, I can't hear any phone-call-audio on the bluetooth headset. I hear all the phone connect and pairing commands on the headset. But no phone-call-audio.......the headset just remains dead.
Yes, the music plays fine through the headset from this same phone. I can also hear the headset's control commands on the headset - like Phone connected etc. I can also use the headset buttons to redial the phone etc.. I have been using these same Plantronics headsets for years - these are not new ones that I am trying.
I have tried the following:
1. Tried this with multiple working heads that I currently use - the problem persists each of them.
2. Switched the Bluetooth on - off multiple times.
3. Deleted the bluetooth headset profiles
4, Reset All the settings
5. Re-paired the bluetooth headsets
6. Finally, restored to factory settings.
Nothing seems to make the call - audio play through these headsets. Am foxed.........any help will be appreciated!!!
- Best AnswerSep 04 2015 | 11:31 am EDT
If you have AppleCare, a visit to a GeniusBar may be worthwhile to replicate the issue for them and see what they say...
- 09-04-2015, 11:31 AM #2
- 09-04-2015, 11:32 AM #3
- 5,265 Posts
Re: Bluetooth paired/connected - but NO call-audio on headset!!
If you have reset all the setting and restored the device to factory then I am inclined to think you have a hardware issue. I would recommend setting up a Genius bar appointment and have Apple take a look.
Even though its out of the coverage time, don't be surprised if they fix/replace it for you
- 09-04-2015, 05:45 PM #4
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 9Last Post: 09-04-2015, 05:13 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-04-2015, 11:33 AM
- By RC Dad in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 1Last Post: 09-04-2015, 09:34 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-04-2015, 09:00 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-04-2015, 08:30 AM