Bluetooth paired/connected - but NO call-audio on headset!! What should I do?

I

iMore Question

Bluetooth paired/connected - but NO call-audio on headset!!

I have suddenly lost the "phone-call-audio" between my bluetooth headsets with my iPhone 5s - iOS 8.4.1. Its been working flawlessly for 3+ years, but after upgrade to iOS 8.4.1 last week, I can't hear any phone-call-audio on the bluetooth headset. I hear all the phone connect and pairing commands on the headset. But no phone-call-audio.......the headset just remains dead.

Yes, the music plays fine through the headset from this same phone. I can also hear the headset's control commands on the headset - like Phone connected etc. I can also use the headset buttons to redial the phone etc.. I have been using these same Plantronics headsets for years - these are not new ones that I am trying.

I have tried the following:
1. Tried this with multiple working heads that I currently use - the problem persists each of them.
2. Switched the Bluetooth on - off multiple times.
3. Deleted the bluetooth headset profiles
4, Reset All the settings
5. Re-paired the bluetooth headsets
6. Finally, restored to factory settings.

Nothing seems to make the call - audio play through these headsets. Am foxed.........any help will be appreciated!!!

Thanks!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Bluetooth paired/connected - but NO call-audio on headset!!

If you have AppleCare, a visit to a GeniusBar may be worthwhile to replicate the issue for them and see what they say...

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

If you have reset all the setting and restored the device to factory then I am inclined to think you have a hardware issue. I would recommend setting up a Genius bar appointment and have Apple take a look.

Even though its out of the coverage time, don't be surprised if they fix/replace it for you ;)

bobsgolf

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site

Have you tried changing the source of the call ,to handset and to headset etc during the call ?

and one we quick thing what is the default setting for your Bluetooth headset .

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2