Using the iPhone 5s for two years

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I wonder what happens when using the phone for two years, will the battery get drained faster than it should be?

Maybe, but it depends on how you used the device and how often you've charged the battery over that time period, in my opinion.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm still using my 2 year old iPhone 5. I'm a fairly heavy user. The battery is on it's last leg. I charge at least 3 times a day or more. I go from 100% to 20% in 2? hours of constant use. It all depends on how much it has been used. Most get at least 2 years. Some get 4 or more. Just depends.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Same here but with an 18 month 5s I charge it at least twice a day even with  watch taking up the slack

I use to be a heavy user but reduced to mod heavy lately

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I have an iPhone 5 that my wife uses. She is a light user and can go all day with it. The phone is 3 years old and has lost some battery life but it is minimal. It is even eligible for a battery replacement, but since it has not been an issue my wife declined to get it done.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I've had iPhones that I handed down and were used for several years--iPads, too. Battery life was never an issue.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I had my 5s for approx 20 months and while the battery wasn't as good as when it was brand new it was still accetable after that time period.

aballerdotcom

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Had mine since it released and I have been a heavy user ever since. There is some drain to the battery that you can notice obviously, but it's not as bad as long as you know how to manage it. What kills my battery is anything that is constantly loading stuff from the internet. Such as Twitter. If I use Twitter for over an hour or two straight my battery will be really low.

Going forward I would love to keep using my 5s until I have to buy another battery and see how it runs.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm a moderate to heavy user. I keep my devices for two years and never had a problem with battery or anything else. I've had my 5S for 16 months it's perfect.

blwatson

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I'e definitely seen a decline in my battery over the last 2 years. Of course I'm just using the "eye" test. Definitely stil useable.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've been using my 5 for 25 months. It's been in an Otterbox Defender most of the time. I took it out 3 times to clean the screens of debris. It looks brand new. Works great. It just needs a new battery. It is waning now as I'm a fairly heavy user. She's got until Friday. Then she gets traded for another with better curves. :D

Dafter

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
I have used my 5S for almost a year and the battery life is still like a new, not sure what it will be after 2 years.
I use my iPhone for personal and business (lots of emails, notes, Twitter, FB, WA etc.). With Apple Watch the battery life has gone little better.

Pingerced

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
I bought my iPhone 5s in Dec. 2013, now the battery life still can last a whole day. The Low Power Mode that comes with iOS 9 will extend the battery life a lot.

Sleepy_ER_Dr

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I have had my iPhone 5s for two years now and have had no problems with the battery at all. It lasts all day into the night. I am a moderate to heavy user. It is one of my favorite things about my iPhone. :D

chrisjsandlin

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
This is what I used and put it in my self real easy to do took like 10 - 15 min. Battery life is much better and does not phantom die randomly any more or go from 95% to 10% in five min time span.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen