My iPhone 5s has been nothing but problems since I got it 1 1/2 years ago. Time to move on?

I

iMore Question

My iphone 5s has been nothing but problems since I got it 1 1/2 years ago

I have a iphone 5s that has given me fits. I have had two 4 phones previous--great product. The 5s has been nothing but problems. I spent 3 trips to the Boulder, Colorado Genius Bar with no results.

I have also talked with iphone support. They seem to spend more time hiding in the back from customers. Finally, I decided to buy a Samsung. I need a reliable phone.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: My iphone 5s has been nothing but problems since I got it 1 1/2 years ago

Was there a question here or just venting? Either way nobody will blame you either way as no phone ALWAYS works for ALL people and sorry to hear about this. Wish you had let us know what issues you had as you would be surprised at some answers to help with your problems. I am on my 4th iPhone this being the new 6 and coming from a 5s that gave me no issues other than very minor. Best of luck to you with the Samsung - Visit Android Central, One of our sister sites and you are welcome here no matter what you own. :)

jmecca09

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

I have a iphone 5s that has given me fits. I have had two 4 phones previous--great product. The 5s has been nothing but problems. I spent 3 trips to the Boulder, Colorado Genius Bar with no results.

I have also talked with iphone support. They seem to spend more time hiding in the back from customers. Finally, I decided to buy a Samsung. I need a reliable phone.

Did you have a question? Or did you just want to rant?

modela

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site

Both. I want to sell this one but I would feel uncomfortable dumping it on anyone. Is there a place that I can have it gone through?

I am curious about apple support. I paid more for this than a new full-fledged computer. HP, who I buy from, is always there.

I started ranting when I got lip service from all the apple people I contacted. When in a "Genius Bar" the woman next to me said, "You are just too nice to them."

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Sorry to hear about the issues with your iPhone 5s. I've never had any problems with my iPhones. Good luck to you with whatever device you use.

modela

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site

I had zero problems with my iphone 4 phones. I kept them with me while building commercial buildings. They were incredibly reliable. With this one, I kept using it less and less because the phone was so unreliable. The web was so slow that I would often shut it down. I have kept up the software upgrades and visited the web regularly to try to figure this one out. Why didn't someone just say, "We will trade you for a new one?"

modela

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site

After purchasing 5 apple computers and seven iphones in our family I believe I deserve more than the token responses I got on this forum.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

After purchasing 5 apple computers and seven iphones in our family I believe I deserve more than the token responses I got on this forum.

I'm not sure what your purchases have to do with the responses you've received on the forums.

modela

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site

Just pass this on to someone in apple that cares.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Just pass this on to someone in apple that cares.

You do understand that this forum is independent of Apple, right? As I said before I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with your 5s. I wish we had known what the problems were maybe someone here could have offered you some helpful advice.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site

Did you have Applecare on your phone? Even if you did not, I would have been a little more insistent about having a problem phone replaced. Not rude or arrogant, but insistent & persistent with the Genius. If that did not warrant a proper response, then I would have asked to speak to a Manager. Nobody should have to deal with a problem phone to the point that they have to consider their initial decision of buying that phone.

I have been fortunate enough to never have a bad iPhone.

What response are you looking for?

modela

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site

I do understand this and I should have contacted you when the issues popped. I thought I was in good hands with Apple support. I hope that you do an article or something on how to get good service from Apple.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

You wanted an argument and no one took the bait. Maybe you simply got a lemon. Even Samsung has those. Did you ever restore that 5s as new?

modela

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site

I do think it was a lemon. I have restored it, apple I genius have restored it. I have kept up with every software addition. I really feel like I have given it the best shot. It even dropped calls and caused problem while I was at the Genius Bar. I have googled my problems many times and tried many proposed solutions. In business and personally, whether it is our self-run network or all the connected pc computers, I have installed and maintained these. From my first Novell network to the many windows versions and apple versions, I have worked through problems myself. Until our business grew too much, I was the "IT Guy".

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I do think it was a lemon. I have restored it, apple I genius have restored it. I have kept up with every software addition. I really feel like I have given it the best shot. It even dropped calls and caused problem while I was at the Genius Bar. I have googled my problems many times and tried many proposed solutions. In business and personally, whether it is our self-run network or all the connected pc computers, I have installed and maintained these. From my first Novell network to the many windows versions and apple versions, I have worked through problems myself. Until our business grew too much, I was the "IT Guy".

Everyone I know who used/uses a 5s loved/loves it and have never had a problem like that. But why go to another platform? They have bushels of lemons.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

It's awful that you had to deal with this. I would insist that I get a replacement device from Apple. My 5s has been perfect.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Sorry I don't believe the OP.

1. Apple would have replaced the phone during the first year.

2. Apple would have replaced the phone within the second year with Apple Care Plus.

3. If you didn't get Apple Care Plus you should have. Be smart and protect yourself beyond the limited warranty. It cost money but so does bread and cheese.

4. I don't believe the Apple Store employees have been rude to you for over a year.

5. This forum is not part of Apple Inc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

Sorry I don't believe the OP.

1. Apple would have replaced the phone during the first year.

2. Apple would have replaced the phone within the second year with Apple Care Plus.

3. If you didn't get Apple Care Plus you should have. Be smart and protect yourself beyond the limited warranty. It cost money but so does bread and cheese.

4. I don't believe the Apple Store employees have been rude to you for over a year.

5. This forum is not part of Apple Inc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly!

I call COWsh*t!

Because his/her post doesn't even rise to the level of BULLsh*T.

Apple has glady replaced every faulty product I have EVER had. In fact they replace my 4S twice. Once out of warranty when they realized it was a software issue.

Dudes be trollin'!

Trollin', trollin' trollin' along...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Good for you, and I'm glad you found the phone that works best for 'you'. Enjoy it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2