How can I sync contact info across Google, Facebook and Linkedin automatically?

Will Van Gelderen1

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
How can I sync contact info across Google, Facebook and Linkedin automatically

Hey guys, new to iOS, my Windows phone died yesterday. Using a temporary iPhone 5s.

On Windows Phone, my Microsoft account was able to link up with Facebook, Gmail, Linkedin etc and merge all my contact info easily. I could go into a Google contact for instance and it would show me facebook accounts or linkedin accounts that I could link with, and would pull in automatically any additional email, phone numbers, profile pics or even facebook birthday or status updates. So far in iOS I haven't been able to get this to happen. I am using my Google account for contacts in iOS, and facebook is installed as well as linkedin, have the contacts synced and turned on. However when I go to my individual contact sheets in iOS, it won't pull any of the info through facebook or linkedin like profile pics or additional email addresses even though it says its linked.

Am I missing something here? Do iOS users do contact syncing differently? I am on iOS 8.4.1

Will Van Gelderen1

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: How can I sync contact info across Google, Facebook and Linkedin automatically

I've already done all of that, my contacts are linked, no duplicates. However as I stated the facebook information, like emails, profile pics, etc are not being pulled through. I have to manually enter that info currently. Maybe thats just how iOS works, but on Windows phone, it automatically pulled all info together from facebook, google, linkedin and twitter

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: How can I sync contact info across Google, Facebook and Linkedin automatically

I don't think it's iOS. I get several Google contacts profile photos show up automatically. I don't know about my own photo. I enter that in manually.

Will Van Gelderen1

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site

Some of mine show up some don't. What I have noticed on iOS is that names in your contact sheet have to match perfectly with their respective google or facebook profile name for the info to show up. I tried out sync.me and it allowed me to search through facebook friends to match some of my contacts manually. This similar to how WP operates, but on iOS it seems that you have to type in their linked profile name.

Will Van Gelderen1

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site

Sync.me also seems to work to help keep all info up to date, but surprised iOS won't auto update profile pics and emails based off Facebook

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77