Can't download apps ! AppStore PROBLEM ???

Daniel Gabriel

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
I can't download apps on my iphone 5s. I have a proper Wi-Fi connection but I am not able to download apps. The icons of the apps appear on my iphone's homescreen but they do not download (they remain in "Waiting...") and even if they do start downloading the speed is very slow. I tried downloading from the Itunes but the same result -- the apps download very slowly. The sites on both PC and iphone load normally. My download speed is around 15 MB per sec and my upload is 6 MB per sec. What can I do? I did a reset on my router, I have removed the wi fi password, I even did a full reset on my iphone. Can you guys please help me. (sorry for my bad english)

Last edited:

leerichards

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
You're not alone. Lots of posts on other forums and twitter. Many people have numerous others issues also, that cannot be fixed even with a clean factory reset. For info, here are the issues being experienced by me and many users. Hope you don't have these problems also!

Cannot install podcasts using standard podcasts app, download is always waiting
In AppStore, already installed apps have the 'iCloud download button', not 'Open'
Cannot install new apps (click on get, just get the animated circle)
Cannot open Radio from Apple Music (all other tabs ok)
In settings cannot open iTunes & App Store page, can open iCloud page, but cannot scroll, screen locks
Cannot open weblink in mail

A restart does fix these issues temporarily, but so far they always come back.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Try Reset Network Settings.
Reset Network Settings
Settings>General>Reset>Tap Reset Network Settings. You may need to enter your wifi passcode back in afterwards.
If that does not work, you may need to restore your phone as new. Not from a back up. A back up may contain the bug.

1Arthur

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
I have exactly the issues which leerichards above mentions. And indeed a full restore does not solve the problem. Does anyone know if they are related to the 8.4.1 update?

edit: never mind. The issue is at length discussed in the apple support communities. (imore does not allow me to post a link, but just search at apple support communitiesfor topic title: "iPhone music app freezing, throwing me out, misbehaving" - 9 pages and counting)

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I can't download apps on my iphone 5s. I have a proper Wi-Fi connection but I am not able to download apps. The icons of the apps appear on my iphone's homescreen but they do not download (they remain in "Waiting...") and even if they do start downloading the speed is very slow. I tried downloading from the Itunes but the same result -- the apps download very slowly. The sites on both PC and iphone load normally. My download speed is around 15 MB per sec and my upload is 6 MB per sec. What can I do? I did a reset on my router, I have removed the wi fi password, I even did a full reset on my iphone. Can you guys please help me. (sorry for my bad english)

Did you fix it?

orchestraprincess77

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Ledsteplin!! This fixed the same issue I was having - not being able to download apps. I reset network settings per your brilliant suggestion and it worked like a charm. I can't thank you enough!!!

Beards

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Mine is a similar problem in that if I try and connect to the App Store via wifi it does not download or downloads at an extremely slow crawl rate, yet if I switch to 4G network they then download at full speed.
I know it's not my wifi connection as I can download YouTube movies and other items. It's just the App Store that is the issue with wifi only. Any ideas guys?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234