Screen layout

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi!

I unfortunately have to have my phone replaced (randomly drops calls even while on full signal, Wifi issues and such) and I am about to go to the Genius Bar (getting drunk with genies yay!) so I backed up my phone to my computer using iTunes.
My question is:
Will I loose my screens layout when I restore my backup on my new device? (Like my folders and app locations on screen). Is it saved somewhere?

Thanks =)

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Restoring the backup should make the replacement phone look and feel just like the old phone - all the way down to user settings, preferences, and screen layouts, etc.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My layouts were screwed up and no folders but I managed to sort everything out.

It shouldn't have been. Restoring from a backup should have made it exactly like it was before. Anyway, I'm glad you got everything sorted out, and thank you for the update...:)

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I even go as far as encrypting the backup so accounts and PWs are restored as well.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
It shouldn't have been. Restoring from a backup should have made it exactly like it was before. Anyway, I'm glad you got everything sorted out, and thank you for the update...:)

You're welcome!
Thanks for the help =)

I even go as far as encrypting the backup so accounts and PWs are restored as well.

Yep! I did that also =)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative