Why does my 5s battery only lasts 4 hours?

electricI

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
5s battery lasts 4 hours. tried all the solutions i could think of. help.

turned off notifications, location services, bluetooth etc. Also tried to restore it and test it out but still only getting 4 hours max. cant deal with charging phone 3 times a day.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 34

nomoregames

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: 5s battery lasts 4 hours. tried all the solutions i could think of. help.

Change the battery... Obviously the battery is wasted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site

How long have you had the 5s? It sound like the battery has seen its day. Try going to the Apple Store to get it replaced.

WanShark69

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

turned off notifications, location services, bluetooth etc. Also tried to restore it and test it out but still only getting 4 hours max. cant deal with charging phone 3 times a day.

I got 4hours sonce i updated to 8.4. Its really annoying, something in the software is killing the battery. Because i reloaded the OS 3 times, and the last time purposely have 0 zero apps because i wanted to find if any apps os causing it.

Oh yes, im on a new battery as well so u can understand how i just feel like throwi the phone out of window

Sent from my iPhone via TapaTalk

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site

At 247 cycles, the battery is no where wasted or out of service. The battery will be consider holding 80% of charge after 500 cycles. And I see your full capacity of the battery is still 1400mAh with those settings turned off, your battery should last a working day with normal usage. Having say that, there is something you ignore that is hugging your iPhone battery. If you are in a bad GSM network coverage, then it's understandable that your battery doesn't last, same if you are on 3G with good or bad coverage in all case, it hugs batteries.
Turn off cellular data and disable background app refresh for a full day to see if it makes any change or not. Is your iPhone jailbreak? If yes tweaks or apps must be hugging your battery juice too.

WanShark69

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

Nope mine is not jailbroken. I dont know whats wrong with it really. Zero apps and still doesnt last anywhere near os 8.3

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site

Nope mine is not jailbroken. I dont know whats wrong with it really. Zero apps and still doesnt last anywhere near os 8.3

That mean you update recently to iOS 8.4
Question: update was made via iTunes? Or OTA?
If OTA, do a restore via iTunes on your computer. give it a couple of days usage to see how the battery holding up.

WanShark69

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

That mean you update recently to iOS 8.4
Question: update was made via iTunes? Or OTA?
If OTA, do a restore via iTunes on your computer. give it a couple of days usage to see how the battery holding up.

Its been a week. I did it using iTunes. 3 times, all no difference. Its been a week now.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I use a 23 month old iP 5. I started this morning at 5:30 am with 90% battery. It's 8:26 am and I'm at 20% battery. No videos or games. A little Twitter, a little Facebook and iMore via TapaTalk. That's about it. These batteries don't last forever. I'll get a new one at some point so I'll have a back up phone when I upgrade in September.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73