Why is the settings showing that I have more photos that what's stated in the Photos app?

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi =)

When I go in "Photos", it shows 158 photos.
But when I go in "Settings => General => About", it shows me 332 photos.

How is that?

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Wrong informations

I just checked and my phone says 871 in both locations. . . . Have you recently deleted some photos?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Why is the settings showing that I have more photos that what's stated in the...

Hmm.. I still have not found a way, this is weird.
(Well, I suppose haha!)

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

What does it say in Settings >General >Usage >Manage storage > Photos & camera?
If it still shows more than what you have on your camera roll, you might try this little trick:
http://forums.imore.com/showthread.php?t=327768

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why is the settings showing that I have more photos that what's stated in the...

What does it say in Settings >General >Usage >Manage storage > Photos & camera?
If it still shows more than what you have on your camera roll, you might try this little trick:
http://forums.imore.com/showthread.php?t=327768

In About, it shows 249 photos.
My phone, in Photos, show 69.
The "Recently Deleted" folder is empty and remained like that even using the tip in the link you just provided.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why is the settings showing that I have more photos that what's stated in the...

In About, it shows 249 photos.
My phone, in Photos, show 69.
The "Recently Deleted" folder is empty and remained like that even using the tip in the link you just provided.

What did it say in "Manage Storage"? How many mb?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

110 MB

That's about right for 69 photos. So whatever is going on with "about", is not taking space. Most likely a bug with the about page. If a hard reset didn't fix it, then it might take restoring the phone as new. But I wouldn't worry about it since it's not using space it should not.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
That's about right for 69 photos. So whatever is going on with "about", is not taking space. Most likely a bug with the about page. If a hard reset didn't fix it, then it might take restoring the phone as new. But I wouldn't worry about it since it's not using space it should not.

Okie dokie, that is good to know =)

Do you have My Photo Stream on in iCloud? If so, turn it off.

It was already off