Is it good to buy an iPhone 5S second hand?

qwertyaa

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
Hey everyone.

I have a big experience with smartphones, as I have tried almost every operating system so far. I have tried a lot Android phones, but this OS is awful. Now I am using WP. Lumia 1020 and hTC 8x. But I want phone with smaller display and superior camera. For the last time I had iPhone 3Gs, but then it was really limited system. I hated iTunes also. Lack of file transfer via Bluetooth. But then I didn't had mobile data. So it's good idea to get an iPhone 5s? I really don't like iPhone 6 cause if big screen size. So don't offer it to me.

I also would like to have great camera. So is it good to buy this phone second hand?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Phone with smaller size

I really don't like iPhone 6 cause if big screen size. So don't offer it to me.
OK then... sure a 5S is a great device... just be aware that the rumor mill is suggesting Apple may offer a new device in that smaller size when they announce upcoming hardware this summer for an early fall release.

anon(5928073)

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site

Hey everyone.

I have a big experience with smartphones, as I have tried almost every operating system so far. I have tried a lot Android phones, but this OS is awful. Now I am using WP. Lumia 1020 and hTC 8x. But I want phone with smaller display and superior camera. For the last time I had iPhone 3Gs, but then it was really limited system. I hated iTunes also. Lack of file transfer via Bluetooth. But then I didn't had mobile data. So it's good idea to get an iPhone 5s? I really don't like iPhone 6 cause if big screen size. So don't offer it to me.

I also would like to have great camera. So is it good to buy this phone second hand?

Short answer: yes.

The camera on this phone is great for the price. This phone just works and will not let you down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haseeb Rehman

May 5, 2013
Visit site

5S is awesome. Its exactly the same in performance to an iPhone 6 so you don't have to worry about that either. And it has great camera. And 64 but processor and Touch ID. In short, by getting an iphone 5s you're not getting left out of any feature available yet.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jun 19, 2015
Visit site

Hey everyone.

I also tried most of smartphone OS and I really like blackberry OS10 a lot, but they're lacking in app department. I also prefer small screen with superior spec'ed smartphone, but these days all flagship phones are phablet or medium sized phone. I really want iphone 5s size of smartphone with superior spec'ed phone, but I doubt I will find one. I currently have Iphone 6 plus, but I may just pick up Iphone 5s.

Larry Cook1

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site

I have a 5s which i think is the greatest. I wouldn't trade it for the 6 or the 6+. Or for that matter any other phone.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I've used a 6 Plus exclusively since the day it was launched after a year with the 5S. If I had to buy the 5S because nothing else was available I'd still go with it. I've actually been using my old 5S for the past few days and this S.O.B. is one helluva great phone.

Always check Groupon for refurbished iPhones. Friend of mine snatched a 64GB unlocked 5S for $449.

Robotb52

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site

Honestly I'm also thinking this problem, I'm afraid that with the update of ios, iPhone 5s's performance may be dragged by its old devices, but in fact, iPhone is much more better than Windows Phone, my last phone was a Lumia also. The application amount problem of windows phone really makes fans frustrated and disappointed.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

One piece of advice:

Apple added the Activation Lock to iOS 7 to combat the rampant unauthorized reselling of lost/stolen devices. There is no way around this lockout… your only options are to contact the person you bought it from and (1) get the seller to remove the device from their iCloud account, (2) get your money back or (3) use it as a paperweight.

With this in mind, before you buy a used iOS device make sure there is no active Activation Lock enabled that device. Just get either the serial number or IMEI and enter it here. Apple will report the status of the device.

https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/