I own an iPhone and can read my older teenagers text but can't see my younger daughter's texts, why is that?

I

iMore Question

I own an iPhone and can read my older teenagers text but can't see my younger daughter's texts

Hello,

Sorry for the newb question but I've searched the threads and did not find an answer.

I own a 5s - teenage daughter #1 has a 5s and the other daughter a 5. We're all run iOS8.3. As a responsible parent I want the ability to see my children's texts. I can see texts from the 5s but not the 5. Is doesn't appear I can add another number to view her texts. Am I missing something or is there a limit on the amount of phone numbers i can view?

thanks in advance!

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: I own an iPhone and can read my older teenagers text but can't see my younger daughter's texts

Are you using a program? If so, what program? Also, just a thought: you could take her phone at random intervals and read the text messages.

RazrRob

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: I own an iPhone and can read my older teenagers text but can't see my younger daughter's texts

thanks for the prompt response Bigeric23!

in my 5s under 'Settings' > 'Messages' > 'Send & Receive' lists my older teenagers phone number and I can see all her text. Can I add my younger one's phone number to this list or is there a limit?
thanks again

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I own an iPhone and can read my older teenagers text but can't see my younger...

You're talking multiple accounts. Be careful with that. I think 3 Apple ID's are the limit on one device for ever. But if you can see her texts, she can probably see yours if you both have the same Apple ID. Why not try some trust? Kids need to be kids. You'll know if something bad is going on without the texts.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

thanks for the prompt response Bigeric23!

in my 5s under 'Settings' > 'Messages' > 'Send & Receive' lists my older teenagers phone number and I can see all her text. Can I add my younger one's phone number to this list or is there a limit?
thanks again

If you use 3 ID's on your phone, that's it. No one will be able to add another if you sell or trade.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner