Water damage to my iPhone 5s, how can I save this?

I

iMore Question

Water damage iphone 5s

I dropped my iPhone in a mug of tea (medium temperature) It had a case on and wasn't fully submerged I pulled it out straight away turned it off an dput it in rice for a hour then checked it-it switched on fine there were some problems with speakers (stuck on headphone mode-this was fixed by rebooting) then my home button stopped working and only came on for siri

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Water damage iphone 5s

Your device obviously has issues... if you have AppleCare+ still active on the device - use it... if you have carrier based insurance - file a claim...

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Water damage iphone 5s

Yes, probably should have left it in the rice for a few days. Only an hour likely did not do any good. Sounds like the damage has been done.

lag2186

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
For anyone who faces the same issue:

IF YOU ARE READING THIS: DO NOT USE ISPILLREPAIR.COM. No matter what you do. Seriously! I read other reviews and thought, "it wouldn't happen to me." The service here is beyond terrible. They will STEAL your computer and money and then go MIA and blame YOU when you say they are unreachable. They should be reported to the better business bureau and not be allowed to ever, ever touch a computer or money again. It has been many months that they have had both my computer and money and, even though I have been told that they were getting it back to me, that they wouldn't take more than a few weeks, etc., it was ALWAYS A LIE. TRULY. If you can do ANYTHING to make your life easier, it is to not use this company. I have never been so appalled in my life. The people who work here are despicable and it amazes me that someone could be that dishonest and horrible in this world. As another poster said, they will give you excuses and then drop off the face of the planet. Absolutely HORRIBLE. I hope that all legal action is taken to prevent these scammers from ever working again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2