Why isn't my GPS working correctly?

I

iMore Question

GPS not working correctly

I have an iPhone 5s and recently I've noticed that the gps isn't working correctly, when I've got wifi its work perfectly but when i try and use the navigation software on maps my location is slightly out and doesn't recognise me being on the road and continually locating which makes it useless. I've also tried google maps and same problem.

I have recently changed my lock/power button and consequently had my phone to pieces is there anything i could of damaged or not put back properly that could affect the gps?

i have reset network and location settings and still no improvement

any thoughts?

Thanks

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: GPS not working correctly

It's possible your DIY repair has caused something to go awry... Not sure what you can do to fix short of disassembly...and careful reassembly and see if the issue resolves.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Hate to go all Captain Obvious on you...the GPS not working is a start...

mtmouse

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site

The 8.3 update has a glitch in the operating system it's preventing certain Bluetooth GPS receivers from transmitting data properly to apps in iOS devices. I know my Garmin Glo Bluetooth GPS is not working with my apps after the update.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

The 8.3 update has a glitch in the operating system it's preventing certain Bluetooth GPS receivers from transmitting data properly to apps in iOS devices. I know my Garmin Glo Bluetooth GPS is not working with my apps after the update.

Who else has this issue? If it were an OS bug, there would be others complaining. I haven't heard a soul mention it on the 4 iGadget forums I visit.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Gaucho Veloz

May 14, 2015
Visit site
When I read this happened after the latest iOS update I did a "hard" reset (press the home & power at the same time until Apple logo shows) and it looks like it is working now.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Reading some of the information from the actual developers for the external GPS units, their checks and balances systems when testing on pre-release version of iOS firmware is not very encompassing, and many of them are now implementing better testing sequences to make sure this kind of thing doesn't happen again (or better put, doesn't fall through the cracks again without being noticed).

Hopefully Apple will do the same thing on the other side of the fence.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2