How Can I Tell if my 5S is Unlocked?

richv77

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I followed the instructions provided by AT&T and I did receive a message in iTunes that my iPhone is unlocked.
But when I go to Settings, I don't see anything mentioned about it being Unlocked.

Thanks for any info.

-Rich

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
How Can I Tell if my 5S is Unlocked?

Put in a SIM from another provider... if it works - you're unlocked...

austriak

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I've unlocked several iPhones. If you get the unlocked pop up in iTunes after performing a restore, it is unlocked. Nothing in settings will show otherwise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cap_172R

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, i recently bought a device that was listed as unlocked, but upon activating the phone, it says "SIM not valid". Any ideas? would that mean the device is locked?

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I've unlocked several iPhones. If you get the unlocked pop up in iTunes after performing a restore, it is unlocked. Nothing in settings will show otherwise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For the most part, beginning with the iPhone 5, you don't get the message anymore and you don't even have to restore in iTunes like you used to have to do.

I have a 6+ and 5S that have been unlocked by T-Mobile. To use an AT&T SIM, all I had to do was insert it. When prompted, just enter my iCloud email and password and the phone was unlocked to use the AT&T SIM. This was the exact procedure on both my 5S and 6+.

I did have to wait about 6 hrs after I got the email from T-Mobile telling me each phone was unlocked. It said to wait 24hrs but it only took about 6.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW