- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
i noticed that the name of my iphone changed to US Customs
i just noticed today that when I plugged in my iPhone 5S to iTunes for updating that the name of my phone has been changed to US Customs. what, wow. has anyone else experienced this? i have no idea how long it has been this. i suspect that this happened the last time i cleared customs. so this is pretty scary to me. how could this of happened? what is going on here? did customs take control of my phone? did they mirror it?
- 03-29-2015, 09:38 AM #2
- 03-29-2015, 09:41 AM #3
- 03-29-2015, 12:00 PM #4iMore Genius
- 4,772 Posts
Re: i noticed that the name of my iphone changed to US Customs
There is no reason for customs to change the name of your device since it would be tampering with any evidence they might be trying to collect. That kind of tampering interferes with forensics analysis and is illegal.
Someone is playing a joke.
- 03-29-2015, 12:02 PM #5
- By AlexJ92 in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 60Last Post: 05-21-2015, 04:36 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Apple HardwareReplies: 3Last Post: 03-29-2015, 03:32 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-29-2015, 09:37 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-29-2015, 07:50 AM
- By EPGames in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 2Last Post: 03-29-2015, 07:33 AM