Is the the battery life between the 6 and 5S is very big in terms of real life usage?

lambrosio

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I had iPhone 5 last year but had to give up because of the poor battery life.. I have now an iPhone 6 and i like the battery life, but the phone is a little big for me.
So im in doubt on getting an iPhone 5s because i prefer the form factor but i read some mix opinions regarding is battery life...
Can someone tell me if the the battery life between 6 and 5s is very big in terms of real das life usage?

Thanks

anon(5882673)

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I also have a 5s because i dont like the new iphone. I have no complaints about the battery life , it last me the whole day with regular use. If you use the phone non stop ( screen on all the time) battery will last about 4.45 hours ( same with the iphone 6 )

lambrosio

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I also have a 5s because i dont like the new iphone. I have no complaints about the battery life , it last me the whole day with regular use. If you use the phone non stop ( screen on all the time) battery will last about 4.45 hours ( same with the iphone 6 )

But im afraid if the 5s battery is like the 5 ...i had real bad experience with ir...

Larry Cook1

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I have a 5S and absolutly have no problem with the battery life. I would say with normal use I get about a day and a half.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a 5S and absolutly have no problem with the battery life. I would say with normal use I get about a day and a half.

Same here. My 14 month old 5s battery is holding up pretty GOOD. I get approx 14 hours per charge with regular use.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
But comparing to iPhone 5 and iPhone 6 where does it stands the 5s battery?

I don't have the 6 and never had a 5s, but from what I remember reading, the battery life was comparable between those two devices. The power drain of the larger screen of the 6 was offset by a larger battery (edit: and efficiency improvement of the processor I'm sure), so in the end it was supposed to be about the same.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
The battery life on iPhone 5s is great until I turn on 3G with good coverage or not, the percentage will drop like a count down. I read about it, and I'm not alone. Other than that, i have a decent battery life, I will leave home at 7am 100% and come back at 7pm and will be somewhere between 20-10%
Of course that's heavy phone calls, heavy sms, heavy offline gps tracking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pierce283

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I had iPhone 5 last year but had to give up because of the poor battery life.. I have now an iPhone 6 and i like the battery life, but the phone is a little big for me.
So im in doubt on getting an iPhone 5s because i prefer the form factor but i read some mix opinions regarding is battery life...
Can someone tell me if the the battery life between 6 and 5s is very big in terms of real das life usage?

Thanks

Battery life on the 5s is similar to the 5.

levi96

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
My 5s last me all day listening to music and texting I'll put it on the charger at about 6 during supper and then I'm good for the whole night

Nathan Bael

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I have a 5s, just sold my 6, and also own a 6+ that I am taking for a test drive to see if it can replace my 5s. To me the 6 had better battery life than the 5s but not by much. I usually have to charge at least once a day though so it wasn't really an issue. Not even the 6+ lets me get by without charging for an entire day. The 6 is a great phone but, for me at least, wasn't a big enough improvement over the 5s. I have stubby fingers and lose one handed use with the 6, which is why I am trying out the 6+. If I am going to lose one handed use anyways, might as well get better battery life and greater pixel density.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately if you want stellar battery life, but with a small screen, there is no Apple option. I get awful battery life with my 5s because I use it all the time, but I make up for it by using Mophie Juice Packs. The 6 Plus has the best battery life out of any iPhone that has ever been made so far. Expect the 6s Plus to have the same, or maybe better battery life.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Battery life on the 5S is slightly lesser than that of the iPhone 6. You don't really see major battery life increases until you get to the 6 Plus...the difference between either of those models and the 6 Plus is tremendous.

Peter Cotton

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Just thought I'd weigh in. I'm a medium user and I usually unplug at around 6:30 am, use my phone to a from work for web browsing and music playing, check my phone throughout the day for messages etc, and when I get home at around 18:30, I have about 45% left, plenty to last the evening!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2