Why can't I add a fingerprint on my iPhone 5S?

iBeess

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
I cant add a fingerprint on my iPhone 5s, i restored it and nothing, every time when i press add a fingerprint i get:
FAILED
UNABLE TO COMPLETE TOUCH ID SETUP.
PLEASE GO BACK AND TRY AGAIN.
(Im not the 1st owner of this iPhone)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Why i cant add a fingerprint on my iPhone 5s

Use Touch ID on iPhone and iPad - Apple Support

Get help with Touch ID
Make sure that you're using the latest version of iOS.
Make sure that your fingers and the Home button are clean and dry.*
Cover the Home button completely. Don't tap too quickly, don't press down hard, and don't move your finger while Touch ID is scanning. Make sure that your finger touches the metal ring around the Home button.
If you're using a case or screen protector, make sure it doesn't cover the Home button or the surrounding ring. If it does, remove the case or screen protector and try again.
Tap Settings > Touch ID & Passcode and make sure that iPhone Unlock or iTunes & App Store is on. Also make sure that you've enrolled one or more fingerprints.
Try enrolling a different finger.
If you can't enroll any of your fingers, take your device to an Apple Retail Store, Apple Authorized Service Provider, or contact AppleCare for help.
* Moisture, lotions, sweat, oils, cuts, or dry skin might affect fingerprint recognition. Certain activities can also temporarily affect fingerprint recognition, including exercising, showering, swimming, cooking, or other conditions or changes that affect your fingerprint.

iBeess

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why i cant add a fingerprint on my iPhone 5s

Hello, thanks for the fast reply, i have tried everything, but i dont have any success, here are some photos on my problem
regards
IMG-20150112-WA0036.jpg
IMG-20150112-WA0035.jpg

iBeess

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
yess i turn on for example iphone unlock and it shows the other image, or i turn on itunes and appstore and it shows the other image....
and nothing helps...

hashim78

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Did you touch ID working?

i only logged in this website because it comes up in top searches for this problem
i had the same problem with a second hand iphone 5s i purchased

this is a hardware problem of home button
i hope you guys can return it if not to late ( like i did) ........... this issue has no easy fix

b.t.w replacing the home button would not solve the issue either!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If you have deleted the old prints, and added new ones and it still doesn't register, I would try Reset All Settings.
Reset All Settings
Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.
Then add new prints.
If that doesn't work, you may need to restore your phone as new. Not from a back up.

Jackson1442

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Ok, not sure if this will help but here goes:
If the previous owner of the phone broke it, they likely took it to an unauthorized service provider. If they had to replace the home button, the TouchID sensor would not be recognized by the phone and would then be disabled. If you take it to the Apple store I believe they are supposed to run some tests on the home button to make sure that it's not malicious in any way (or not made by Apple). If your home button passes the tests, the Genius should activate it, making TouchID work as intended.

Of course, this may not be what happens for you; this is just what I've picked up online.

iphone2291

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
My sons iPhone 5S screen broke and I took it to a third party store to get it replaced. Once we got the phone back, the Touch ID did not work anymore. I think the problem was getting the screen replaced in a non-apple store.

yudsap

Dec 4, 2016
Visit site
My touch ID same issues with u. But i can add finger prints on blue font, not grey. I'll trying suggest from web, but still not work, this issues after repair touch screen with 3rd party. I'm so confused.

cebd0c28861f959e934b67cc3a08048d.jpg

51e032b479e724e3dea6e0bfdeb580e0.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW