Factory Unlocked and T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm seriously considering grabbing a factory unlocked 64GB iPhone 5S from eBay. Does anyone know if such a device would get T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling with the iOS 8 update? I kinda need that feature when I'm at my boyfriend's house because the signal in some rooms isn't the best. Thanks in advance!

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
That's not true, actually. My boyfriend got a 5S (a T-Mobile branded one) and it gets Wi-Fi Calling. The iPhone 5 and earlier won't get it. Just wondering if I could get Wi-Fi Calling on a factory unlocked or if I would have to get a T-Mobile one. Thanks for the reply though.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Interesting...I did a search and several TMobile support threads said wifi calling didn't work on the 5S... Something has apparently changed...

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Interesting...I did a search and several TMobile support threads said wifi calling didn't work on the 5S... Something has apparently changed...

Really? Hmm, odd. I've been doing a lot of online searches about it and everything I seem to find says it works. I even saw a Reddit page where it was said that Wi-Fi Calling would work on a Verizon iPhone (only 5S, 5C, 6 and 6 Plus, of course) as long as there was a T-Mobile SIM card in the phone because it's GSM unlocked. I'm just iffy about a factory unlocked because if it turns out it's from overseas, the odds of it getting WFC would probably be slim.

Katt2418

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I have an unlocked Verizon iPhone 5s that I switched to t-mobile and I have no problems with wi-fi calling, I can also use safari, iMessage, SMS messaging, etc while on voice calls whether I'm on a wifi call or a regular call.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73