- iMore Nanite
- 2 Posts
iphone 5s fails restore every time
Iphone 5s crashed with a vivid blue screen and then locked, wouldn't do anything. Managed to get it connected to iTunes and run a restore under every mode including DFU. it keeps failing the restore with an unknown error (40). Done all the usual, cables fine (brand new), no machine issue with network or AV but it still fails to restore.
The update error log's last lines are - Restore completed, status:40
[19:14:05.0031] Failure Description:
[19:14:05.0031] Depth:0 Error:AMRestorePerformRestoreModeRestoreWithError failed with error: 40
[19:14:05.0031] Depth:1 Error:The operation couldn’t be completed. (AMRestoreErrorDomain error 40 - Failed to handle message type StatusMsg)
[19:14:05.0031] Depth:2 Error:The operation couldn’t be completed. (AMRestoreErrorDomain error 40 - storage device did not become available)
Hope someone can shed light on this
- 01-06-2015, 02:50 PM #2
- 01-06-2015, 03:30 PM #4
- 01-06-2015, 03:31 PM #5
- 01-06-2015, 04:56 PM #6
- 25,091 Posts
Re: iphone 5s fails restore every time
Had anyone worked on it? It sounds like something has penetrated the motherboard. Like a screw or something. That would cause the blue screen of death. If it's never been taken apart, then it's something else.
Sent from CrapaTalk on my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 02-08-2015, 02:27 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 01-07-2015, 03:50 AM
- By shashank gupta5 in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 2Last Post: 01-06-2015, 05:40 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 01-06-2015, 02:35 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 01-06-2015, 02:30 PM