AT&T iphone 5S on T-Mobile

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Hey all, if I get an AT&T iPhone 5S unlocked, will it get 4G/LTE speeds on T-Mobile (US)?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Maybe... Maybe not. To be assured of getting LTE/4G on TMobile where available you'd be better off with a 5S that was OEMed for TMobile...

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
A 5s is essentially sold with all the same bands if it's a US variant. So once unlocked, the AT&T and T-Mobile versions are interchangeable.

My guy is using my T-Mobile 5s on AT&T.

Only issues are the ones imposed by carriers. Like Sprint and Verizon. AT&T and T-Mobile unlocked devices however, they'll work with each other.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Not quite. The Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile all have the same LTE bands (along with Verizon having the CDMA enabled) and GSM. The Sprint variant however has different LTE bands with some overlap.

If unlocked, can the sprint variant even be used on a gsm carrier?

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Not quite. The Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile all have the same LTE bands (along with Verizon having the CDMA enabled) and GSM. The Sprint variant however has different LTE bands with some overlap.

Ah. I knew the T-Mobile and AT&T ones were fully interchangeable. The Verizon one is the unlocked LTE one out of the box. Didn't really know much about the Sprint one.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2